ten

The three found themselves back on the monorail once again

The three found themselves back on the monorail once again. Natalie and Zach hadn't spoken a word to each other since their argument, both fuming in their own anger. It wouldn't have been too bad if she had somebody to talk to during the ride but form some reason Zach had decided to sit between her and Gray.

While Natalie and Gray sat quietly pondering to themselves, Zach was having a wonderful time flirting with the three girls sitting behind them. Natalie rolled her eyes for what seemed to be the thousandth time that day as the girls erupted into giggles at one of Zach's dirty jokes, scoffing under her breath. Regret began to build inside her, wishing she hadn't left her phone in the hotel room so she could put in her headphones and drown out obnoxious douche beside her.

Natalie leaned forward, looking around Zach to see a Gray with his chin resting on his fist as he looked out the window at the herd of Gallimimus flocking together beside the monorail. Natalie's brows furrowed when Gray hadn't even cracked a smile at the sight of the magnificent beasts outside.

"Gray," Natalie called out softly, trying to catch the young boys attention. Gray stayed quiet. Natalie took no offence to it, she was familiar with the look on his face - he wasn't ignoring her, he was simply lost in his thoughts. A feeling that Natalie completely understood.

Natalie blindly reached for Zach beside her, grabbing a firm hold of his wrist and squeezing it to get his attention. Startled, Zach nearly pulled his wrist away as a reflex but the sight of Natalie's chipped, green nail vanish made him relax. However, her concerned look made his body tense all over again.

Zach ignored the girls behind him who were calling for his attention as his brows furrowed with his own concern for his friend. Before he could ask her what was wrong, she nodded over to his brother whom he hadn't realised had been silent the entire time. "Gray, you okay?" Natalie asked again, her hand absentmindedly squeezing Zach's wrist again as Gray let out a sullen sigh.

For the first time since they got on the monorail, Gray asked quietly. "If Mom and Dad get divorced, will one of us be with Mom and the other with Dad?"

Natalie's eyes widened in surprise. Mr and Mrs Mitchell had been constantly arguing with each other for months. Zach had spoken to her earlier that day about it - he believed the trip was a farce to get their kids out the picture to handle the legal matters of their separation. Zach hadn't spoken a word of his worries to Gray.

Now Natalie thought about it, how couldn't Gray know? Gray had experienced his parent's fighting just as Zach had, he heard everything that had been said to one another, felt the change within his family. Gray was a smart kid, probably the smartest person Natalie knew. If Zach could figure it out with just a hunch, so could Gray.

Zach had wide eyes as well as he felt Natalie's stared burning into the side of his head, neither of them knowing what to say. Natalie knew however, it wasn't her place to comfort Gray at that moment. No matter how close she was to the young boy, he needed his brother's reassurance. He needed his family. "What? Why would you say that?" he finally managed to ask his brother.