six

Zach and Gray were seated side by side in the lead car of the train running along the monorail

Zach and Gray were seated side by side in the lead car of the train running along the monorail. Natalie sat beside Zach who had returned to being sullen and bored, his arms crossed. Zara sat behind them, glancing up from her phone every so often to check on them.

Gray's gleeful grin was contagious as he and Natalie looked out at the jungle passing by the window. Natalie had leaned across Zach a few times to point things out to Gray, but the older boy didn't say anything so she assumed he didn't mind.

The speakers of the monorail crackled to life as the monorail announcer's voice filled the car. "Those of you in the front of the train should be able to see our main gate, built from the gate of the original park, over twenty years ago."

Gray didn't waste a second as he clambered over Zach's lap, earning a hard shove from his brother. Natalie helped Gray the rest of the way so he could run to the front of the car to watch as the train approached the main entrance to the park.

As soon as the monorail pulled to a stop, Gray was immediately out of the door. Zach groaned in annoyance as he heaved himself out of his seat, his hand latched around Natalie's wrist as he pulled her after Gray.

"Please obey all park rules. Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times."

Gray's eyes were wide in awe as he led the group down the crowded walkway of Main Street. Zach and Natalie followed a little way behind him, making sure that the young boy was always in view. Zara nearly stumbled beside them, struggling to keep up in her stiletto heels that clicked hastily along the walkway.

"So, Sarrah," Natalie stared, pulling her hair over her shoulder and allowing air to reach her sweating neck.

"Zara," Zara corrected with a huff and a roll of her eyes.

"Right. Zara. Sorry," Natalie's eyes flickered over to Zach, who continued looking ahead glumly. "When are we supposed to be meeting Claire?"

"Miss Dearing arranged to meet you at one o'clock," she answered, checking her wristwatch. A frustrated grunt startled Natalie, almost making her jump as Zara stumbled again in her heels. "Can he slow down?" Zara's annoyance was clear as she frowned at Gray.

"Nope," Zach answered simply, pulling out his phone.

"He's going to walk right past the hotel."

Natalie turned to look at Zach expectantly. He either ignored her or didn't care as he continued to scroll through his phone. "Suppose I'll get him then," Natalie rolled her eyes as she hoisted her bag higher up her shoulders and tightened her grip on her suitcase. "Gray!" she called out as she quickened her pace, awkwardly jogging after the boy who had become distracted.

Just before Gray entered one of the many shops on Main Street, Natalie skidded to a stop in front of him, laying a hand on his shoulder to steady herself. "Hey, bud, slow down there," she smiled at Gray, her chest pumping rapidly as she tried to catch her breath. "We gotta go to the hotel first,"