seven

Main Street was flooded with crowds of people as the group made their way towards the Innovation Center

Main Street was flooded with crowds of people as the group made their way towards the Innovation Center. Gray was running enthusiastically up the steps of the tall glass building with his brother and Natalie following a little way away, Zara close behind them.

Natalie's cheeks still held the faint signs of her earlier embarrassment. She couldn't bring herself to walk as close as she normally does to Zach, knowing Zara's watchful eyes were just behind them. Zach knew why Natalie was keeping her distance but he didn't share the same humiliation. Every so often he would move closer to Natalie, reaching for her hand or moving to wrap his arm around her shoulder only to be slapped away. It was all very amusing to him.

"Come on!" Gray yelled down from the top of the stairs.

Natalie held her thumb up, showing Gray they heard him but nobody quickened their pace. "Aren't you hot?" Natalie asked Zach as she glanced at him from the corner of her eye.

"I'm always hot - I also identify as wettingly good-looking," Zach smirked down at his friend, "Have you only just noticed?"

"That's not what I meant, asshole," Natalie's nose crinkled in disgust, "I meant, don't you feel hot in what you're wearing?" she rephrased her question as she eyed her friend's attire. Zach dressed in the same clothes he had worn when they got on the plane; a red, cotton t-shirt, skinny jeans and a grey hoodie. "Ever heard of the equator before? It basically means it's shit hot all the time."

Zach scoffed at Natalie's playful tone, "Just because I don't want to be walking around in my underwear," Zach dismissed, his eyes scanning over Natalie's shorts and vest.

Natalie laughed, knowing she was showing less skin than the girls he had been eyeing just on the walk to the Innovation Centre, "Oh, I get it. Rather get heatstroke than let out those pasty, white legs of yours, hey?"

Zach's face pinched in offence, "My legs are great, actually. They're made of hard muscle and firm flesh,"

"Firm flesh?" Natalie repeated, cringing in disgust.

"Believe me, Nat, they're not the only 'firm flesh' on my body," Zach wiggled his eyebrows.

"Urgh! For fu--"

"Come on!" Gray yelled again, this time his impatience showed through clearly when he saw the rest of the group only just reaching the top of the stairs.

"Dude, chill." Zach chided, his playful smirk gone as he frowned at his impatient brother.

The group pushed open the double doors to the Innovation Centre, where they had planned to meet the boys' Aunt Claire. Zara, trying to keep up with their fast pace, almost didn't make it through before the doors swung shut.

The inside of the Innovation Centre was nearly as busy as the outside. Natalie could spot some of the different minor theme-park attractions that had been set up within the building; guided tours, skeleton digging where children use brushes to uncover bones and the Hammond Creation Lab. In front of the Hammond Creation Lab, Natalie could see a bronze statue of Doctor John Hammond, the CEO and creator of the original Jurassic Park, standing tall.