Chapter 50 Ren route pt.4

Zorakuba stumbled as he managed to get ahold of his surroundings, glancing around worriedly.

"Aoba! Ren! Where are you guys?!" He called out as he looked around. It seemed odd...no other opponent was around nor were his friends.  It was just a blank Rhyme field...well, it was until something appeared ahead of Zorakuba. Something that made him freeze in his tracks out of pure terror.

It was a mechanical looking chair with leather restraints on the arms, legs, and neck. There were tendrils and needles coming from the back of it, seeming to stare into Zorakuba's soul...

He couldn't move or turn away. This was far beyond his control at this point...however, he heard something come from the distance in no direction in particular. It sounded like a frantic voice...a familiar voice. He couldnt move still but...he felt himself calm ever so faintly in the presence of such a horrid memory.

Suddenly, his world spun and twisted around him and he let out a shriek of both surprise and fright as Ren grabbed him out of seemingly nowhere. As he did, the surroundings around Zorakuba fizzled away in a collection of pixels as he was put into another rhyme match. Or rather...the same rhyme match but with different people...was...he put under an illusion or something?! Zorakuba felt confused as he looked at Ren before realizing he was in his Rhyme form...

"R-Ren what happened?! What's going on?" He asked frantically once he found the strength to speak again, his voice cracking as the traces of the harsh memory pricked at the corners of his mind. Ren frowned as he noticed his fear.

"We were pulled into a Rhyme battle by force and couldnt find you...after we defeat the attacker I saw you frozen in place staring at this glowing cube...I couldnt get your attention so I grabbed you to see if it would snap you out of it and it did....we're safe for now...but we wanted to find you before we exit."

Zorakuba felt himself relax a little bit and his expression softened a tad. Even though he knew they were friends...he still wasn't used to this sort of thing yet. It may seem unimportant to anyone else but...

"Ren...thank you" Zorakuba said quietly, smiling faintly. Ren smiled back before Aoba walked over. "Oi...are you alright now? I think we should get out of here..."

As he spoke those words a blinding light suddenly burst through the center of the field before everything turned black again...and Zorakuba felt his consciousness leave him for a moment. It felt off and odd for a split second before things turned to a more peaceful and comfortable silence.

......

It felt like an eternity but Zorakuba felt himself begin to wake, his eyes opening slowly. His vision was slightly blurry for a moment as he sat up but...it didnt last long. He turned and came face to face with Ren's almate form. Huh...?

"Woah! Ren how'd you get so big?" He asked with confusion and reach out a hand to him only to see it wasnt a hand...but a fluffy white paw.

"W-what the hell?!" Zorakuba yelped and jumped back, looking around. Ren and Aoba were dead silent out of shock, aoba kneeling down in front of the now panicking Zorakuba as he tried to make sense of the whole situation.

Zorakuba backed up before bumping into a scrap piece of metal, turning around to see his reflection staring back at him...oh...oh dear!

"I...I'm an allmate?!"

(Sorry for the long pause guys! I've been extremely busy as of late and needed to get some things done which is why I haven't been able to update as much

(Sorry for the long pause guys! I've been extremely busy as of late and needed to get some things done which is why I haven't been able to update as much. Anyways! What did you think of this chapter? Let me know in the comments because I love hearing from you guys! Also, the art is not mine. I take no credit for it unless I directly state it underneath the picture as a caption.)