Chapter 49 Ren route pt.3

After getting ready the next morning, Zorakuba walked into the kitchen before the others woke up, smiling to himself. He was feeling much better after a good nights sleep and wanted to do something nice for the other residents of the house after all the trouble he caused...so he figured he'd made breakfast.

He smiled as he tied the black apron strings behind him over his usual tshirt and jeans, humming to himself as he began to cook, cracking eggs into a bowl. It went by for a while quietly with Zorakuba preparing the food, who hadn't realized Ren was in the door watching him curiously. Lately he had been feeling more attached to Zorakuba...wanting to spend more time around him and he had NO idea why.

Soon, Zorakuba finished preparing the meal, turning around before jumping when he saw Ren. "Oh! Ren you startled me I didnt realize you were there. Would you do me a favor and wake the others while I set the table? I made everyone breakfast." His smile returned as he looked at Ren, who gave a nod and ran off to wake them.

...

"Wow, you did all of this for us Zorakuba?" Aoba asked with slight surprise as he saw the table set with a variety of delicious food and tea. Tai even seemed impressed with the effort that Zorakuba put into the meal.

"Well yeah! You've both been very kind to me as of late so I thought I'd return the favor." He said as the three sat at the table. Ren oddly sat by Zorakuba's leg instead of Aoba's this morning. Aoba smiled to himself when he noticed this, not minding the situation at all.

...

After the three had finished breakfast, Zorakuba smiled as he helped Tai clean up the table and wash dishes. The three were currently in the living room watching the news, Ren seated in between Aoba and Zorakuba while Tai sat in her chair. He was feeling at ease again despite what had happened. However, he couldn't help but feel a strong surge of disgust as an advertisement for Platinum Jail popped up on the TV.

"Tch...that despicable man and his damn game...." he grumbled to himself and clenched his fist, standing up and beginning to pace a little. He couldn't help it...

Tai nodded with agreement at his words, her brows knitting as well. However she scoffed and gave her signature glare to him at his pacing. "You should stop pacing around here and go out already. You're giving me a headache..." despite the harsh tone, the others knew she was trying to get Zorakuba to go out and relax a little. She hated seeing him this distressed despite being angry about Toue as well.

At her words, he stopped dead in his tracks and nodded, gulping. "Y-yes Tai-San....er...let's go Aoba..." he rubbed the back of his head and head for the door, Aoba and Ren following suit with Chef in Zorakuba's pocket.

Aoba picked up Ren and put him into his bag as the two walked down the lively street, talking amongst each other as the people went about their day to day lives. "Hey guys I know this really good place to eat down by Haga-San's shop called The Black Pearl. Do you want to head there?" Zorakuba asked as he looked at Aoba, who gave a smile and nodded.

"That sounds good to me. It isn't too far is it?" He tilt his head a tad but Zorakuba shook his head no. "There's a short cut I take all the time. It'll take about 10 minutes to walk there."

Zorakuba then turned down a dusty old back alley (just imagine AP1 screaming no like Arata did in To Trust an Incubus) . "It's this way!"

Aoba glanced at Zorakuba, feeling a little uncertain about the shady looking alleyway before following, clutching the strap of his bag. Ren glanced around like he was uncertain too.

Zorakuba continued on, but after about five minutes a sudden flash of light comes from ahead of him before the ground around the three crumbled and turned into a virtual ring....it was Rhyme!