entry forty

i told my friends about the card at lunch and they almost fucking lost it.

"is he serious?" gabbie asked, rolling her eyes.

"i guess so," i shrugged, shoveling some ham and cheese sandwich into my mouth.

"is he that much of an oblivious dumbass?" tate questioned. i'm surprised tate was even sitting with us today. usually she sits with jonah and his table, but evidently today she decided against it. "like, how does he not get what he put you through?"

"i'm gonna fight him one of these days," daniel declares, angrily biting into an apple. "he cannot keep fucking with your head like this."

"have you even opened it yet?" jack piped up, and suddenly all four of them were looking at me expectantly.

"no! i haven't, and i don't even know if i want to," i groaned.

"open it, right now!" daniel urged. "let's see what this dipshit wrote you."

"oh, this oughta be rich," tate chuckled sarcastically.

"fine, fine," i gave in. i pulled the pink heart from my backpack, staring at it. i hesitated, suddenly not wanting to open it again.

slowly, i lifted the flap up, not sure what to expect. the note had 14 words written in your neat handwriting.

i'm so sorry.
can we talk?
meet me at the park
tonight at 7:00.

i read it aloud for my friends to know what it said too, and for a good minute we all sat in silence, mouths open. suddenly gabbie broke the silence.

"you gotta go," she stated, placing her hands on the table.

"uh, no, you do not," tate interjected. "don't give that dickwad another chance."

"i agree with tate," daniel announced, crossing his arms over his chest.

"i think you should go, otherwise you'll always be wondering 'what if?'" jack said.

"you're only saying that because gabbie thinks that," daniel chuckled, pointing an accusing finger.

"hey man," jack warned, pointing back. "that- that is only half true."

"okay, shut up," i interrupted, talking over all of them. "if i go, i go. if not, i don't. i'll see how i feel later. now let's forget it and move on."

i might've come off a bit harsh because no one said much of anything for the rest of lunch.

i don't know what the fuck you want, but this better not waste my time, besson.

~ zach
2.14.18
thursday
12:43 pm

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

next chapter is one of my
favorites i've ever written