18

Vic slept on the couch last night and I barely left our room. When it hit around midnight and he still hadn't come back, that's when I went down stairs to see where he was and I saw him asleep on the couch with the TV still on. I had turned it off, put a blanket over him and went back up to our room and went to sleep. It was a restless sleep though full of dreams of that night with Craig and I ended up waking up the next morning with tears in my eyes. I hadn't had the dreams since Vic and I got back together, but the second he wasn't sleeping next to me I just felt so alone again.

Now I was laying here focusing on my breathing and trying to get myself emotionally ready for the day ahead. Vic would probably still be mad at me and we have to run the store again today. It was supposed to be Jenna and Tony's turn but Jenna had morning sickness pretty bad for the past few days and judging by the sounds I was hearing down the hall, she still had it today so I guess Vic and I had to take over because Jaime and his girlfriend Brooke where away somewhere for today and Mike, well who knows where he is. He rarely shows up for work when it's actually his turn. He's probably at some random girl's house to be honest.

I finally got up and headed to a bathroom, not the one I knew Jenna would be in. I went in and did the usual morning things. I was half way through brushing my teeth when I heard a knock on the door.

"Occupied." I called out.

"I know. Hurry up. We have to leave." Vic said bluntly and I heard him walking away. My heart dropped at how cold he was still being. It was ridiculous how much my emotions were all over the place and I felt like crying over something so small. I didn't though. Instead I finished brushing my teeth, went back to our room and got changed into some clean clothes before leaving the house. Vic was already waiting in the car. For a split second I considered telling him I'd find my own way there, but I knew we were already running late, so I went over to the car and got in.

The car ride was a silent one. I didn't know whether to be mad or upset. Upset because I couldn't bring myself to tell Vic the truth and therefore him hating me. Or mad because he was so angry at me and wasn't being patient with me. Then again he has been patient for a long time now. So I was stuck in between mad and upset, not being able to settle on one. Vic didn't seem angry. It didn't seem like any emotions were going through him at all right now.

Work was mostly spent avoiding each other. Literally we didn't even speak one word to each other and it was really awkward. Vic was perfectly nice to every customer that came in, so it really must have been me that put him in this mood. As the day progressed I found myself getting more and more frustrated at him and in turn that would just make me frustrated at myself because I knew this was my fault. I was mad because he wasn't being understanding that I didn't want to do sexual things because of Craig, which was ridiculous because he doesn't even know. Half the time at work I felt like just blurting out the truth at him, but I couldn't stand the look I knew he would give me. He'd probably be disgusted and hate me or maybe even blame me. I was really upset that night so what if he thought I did it just to get back at him? What if knowing I had been with another guy makes him fall out of love with me?

I couldn't handle this anymore. I was going crazy with the bad tension in between us. I looked at the time on my phone and saw there was an hour and a half until closing. I'm sure he could handle closing up the store without me. Vic was at the counter and I had been busying myself with little things like straightening up CD's and making sure they were in alphabetical order. I turned to him to see he had been watching me, but he didn't say a word. I rolled my eyes and headed towards the door.

"Close up by yourself. I'm walking home." I said and pushed the door open, letting it swing shut by itself. Vic didn't try and stop me so I just kept going, walking along the street towards him. It would probably take me about an hour to get back, but I needed the walk by myself. I felt a lot more relaxed now that I was out of that store. It was like a toxic environment being around Vic when he's like that. I guess I wasn't exactly being friendly either.