14

I woke up the next morning with a massive headache, probably because of all the crying I had done last night. I had managed to keep myself together for the rest of the day, but the second I was alone in that room I just lost it. I couldn't stop thinking about Craig or what had happened that night. Seeing him again just made it all so real, and after bottling it up for half the day, I finally let go. I only meant to cry for a few minutes, but minutes turned into an hour and before I knew it, Vic had seen me. I didn't want him to see that though. I had been cold to him for most of that day and I could tell he thought it was his fault, but I didn't want him to think that, but then again I didn't want him to know the truth either. So I at least let him comfort me, and comfort me he did. I felt so safe with him and him being there actually helped a lot.

Now it's the next morning and Vic was nowhere to be seen. I pushed the sheets off of me and got out of bed to go and look for him. I felt bad for not telling him what was wrong last night so I wanted to reassure him that we're fine. I went downstairs and into the kitchen where Vic was standing with Tony. Both of them looked deep in conversation. They stopped speaking as soon as I had walked in.

"Oh, hey." Vic said, giving me a smile. I smiled back. Tony looked between the two of us and moved around the kitchen bench.

"I've gotta go. Jenna and I are on shop duty." He said.

"Okay, have fun." I said.

"Later, dude." Vic said to him. Tony left and now Vic and I were alone. He gave me a sad look but didn't say anything. I sighed and went over to him. He turned to me as I slipped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder. He hugged me back and placed a kiss on my head.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said truthfully. I was actually feeling a lot better after last night. I tried to push everything to the back of my mind.

"What was wrong last night?" He asked. He pushed me away a little and looked into my eyes.

"Nothing." I said with a small smile. "Just forget it, it's fine. Anyway, do you have any plans for today?" I changed the subject pretty quickly and tried acting casual. He caught on that I didn't want to talk about it anymore and his concerned expression turned into a genuine smile.

"I do actually." He said and held my hands. "With everything that's gone on with us recently, I realized we missed two things."

"Which was?" I asked. I had a shocking memory and was bad with dates, I mean obviously, I had forgotten Vic's birthday after all.

"Our anniversary and Valentine's day. So, I was thinking we could make up for it today..." He trailed off and looked at me for some kind of approval. My heart was filled with love for him right now. It always gets like that when he's all sweet like this. A smiled slipped onto my lips and I laced my fingers with his.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked. He gave me a cautious look before answering.

"Camping." He said. The smile slipped from my face.

"Camping...as in outdoors? Like with bugs...a-and...um, and spiders?" I stuttered out.

"Yes, Kellin, outdoors, with nature." He said with a roll of his eyes. I made a look telling him that I didn't like that idea at all. I have a phobia of any kind of insect or spider and he knows that.

"Uh, do we, um, do we really have to? I mean we could just stay here and hang out." I suggested. I was racking my brain trying to think of an excuse to stay here.

"Come on, Kells, it'll be fun. We need to get out of here, just the two of us with no distractions and no drama. Just us for the night in the middle of nowhere." He said. I had to admit that did sound appealing. It was stressful being here. I was constantly worried that Craig, my dad or Beau would just show up and I'd break down again. I sighed as I gave in to Vic.