4

I got home as fast as I possibly could, which wasn't very fast at all considering I had to take a taxi. I ran into the house and jogged straight up the stairs to mine and Vic's room. I opened the door only to find it empty.

"Vic?" I called out randomly and looked into the empty hall. I thought that maybe he's gone out drinking with the others, but quickly dismissed that thought when I heard the usual chatter of Jaime, Brooke, Tony and Jenna behind closed doors. I frowned and turned out of the room, walking back down the stairs. I checked the kitchen first and saw Mike there making himself something to eat.

"Hey," I said getting his attention.

"Oh, hey dude," he said and gave me a skeptical look. I suddenly reminded myself that none of the guys had told me that it was Vic's birthday, so I got a little angry.

"Thanks a lot for reminding me about Vic's birthday," I said sarcastically, crossing my arms over my chest. Mike looked up from the sandwich he was making and gave me an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, Kellin. I wanted to, I did. But Vic told us not to," he said. I frowned at that, confused, but then it made sense. Vic probably wanted me to figure it out on my own. Well I have, but he's still going to be mad at me. I just have a lot of making up to do.

"Do you know where he is?" I asked. He shrugged before answering.

"I think I saw him out on the beach, but that was a while ago so he might not be there anymore," he said.

"Okay, thanks," I said with a nod and left the kitchen. I walked over towards the sliding glass door that led to the beach. It was already open and I went to walk through it before I saw something that made me stop dead in my tracks. That right there was the moment I felt true heartbreak; the moment my heart shattered into a million pieces.

There was Vic, the man I loved and had been in love with for the past three years. He was lying on the ground, in the sand, with none other than Beau on top of him. Their lips were connected in what looked like a passionate kiss and they were groping at each other's bodies, tugging at their shirts. I was frozen. I couldn't move. It felt like all the air had left my lungs and time had stopped. It was like I could feel my entire life slipping away. All my happiness was just taken from me in that very moment. Time started moving again when someone stood by my side.

"Hey did you find..." Mike stopped. Was he looking at what I was looking at? Probably. I didn't know though because I couldn't tear my eyes away from them. They had both heard Mike though. Vic pushed Beau away and looked over at us with wide eyes. He looked back at Beau, then back at me. My mind, body and voice all finally caught up with each other.

"Oh my God," I said in the smallest, quietest voice I could possibly muster up. I was in a state of shock. I slowly stepped backwards into the house.

"No, Kellin...Kells, no," Vic said as he pushed himself up off the ground.

Run. That was my first thought. I had to get out of there. I turned quickly and ran across the living room, ignoring Vic's shouting my name in protest. I wouldn't listen though. All I could focus on was getting out of there. I don't know what I would do if I didn't leave. Tears had already started streaming down my cheeks as I quickly yanked a set of car keys off the table by the door.

"Kellin! Wait! Please!" Vic called out behind me, but I was already out the door. There were so many emotions going on inside me right now; sadness, anger, confusion. I was keeping them all in for now though, but it wouldn't be long until I broke down. I ran towards one of the cars, but was stopped when I felt a hand latch onto my arm and pull me back. I felt disgusted by his very touch. I turned around quickly, pushing him back as hard as I could. He let go, stumbling back a few steps.