3

*Vic'S POV*

I woke up to the sounds of Kellin rushing around the bedroom and swearing. My eyes flickered open, being momentarily blinded by the light before they adjusted and I saw Kellin over at the dresser, quickly doing up the buttons of his shirt.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," he said when he looked over at me.

"It's okay," my half asleep voice said. "Do you have to go already?"

"Yeah. I got more interviews added to my itinerary. I guess all local media wants to talk to me now that we're back from tour. I'll probably be out all day," he said. I guess it bothers me a little bit that the media only ever wants to talk to the lead singers, but I that's just how it is. I didn't care all too much, except for the times where the popularity gets to Kellin's head. I was more bothered by something else right now anyway; the fact that today I turn 21 and Kellin hasn't even realized it yet. He rarely forgets these things.

"Alright, I gotta go. I'm late enough as it is," Kellin said. He bounced over to me and onto the bed before pressing his lips against mine pulling away. "I love you!" he shouted as he ran out the door.

"Yeah, love you too," I whispered, then sighed. I don't usually get upset over things like this. It wasn't so much about my birthday, but more the fact that he doesn't seem to give a damn about me lately. Maybe it just slipped his mind because of how busy he's been since he got back, or maybe he's gotten dates mixed up in his head. I really just don't know anymore. That kid is lucky I love him.

I pushed the sheets back and got out of bed. I had a quick shower and got dressed before heading downstairs. I glanced into the living room area before looking outside and seeing some of the guys out there. Jaime was sitting on a chair with Brooke on his lap. Plus Mike and Beau were out there looking like they were getting ready for a surf. Tony and Jenna must be at the store then. I slid the glass door open. Being met with the cool air and the sounds of the ocean. It looked like a nice day today. Sure it was still winter, but that never stopped us from going out into the water.

"Hey, it's the birthday boy!" Jaime shouted when he saw me.

"Happy birthday, Vic," the soft spoken Brooke said to me with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, thanks guys," I said. I was trying to hide my solemn mood, but I guess it didn't work too well.

"What's wrong with you? You're 21. Finally able to legally buy booze! You should be fucking psyched, dude," Mike said. I shrugged and walked towards the beach, stepping off the patio so I landed in the soft sand.

"Vic, what is it?" Beau spoke this time. I looked up at him to see him frowning at me. Beau always had this way of getting information out of me. Ever since him and his girlfriend broke up and he almost turned back to alcohol and I helped him push through it, we've had this friendship where we pretty much help each other through anything and everything. Although I haven't really had any problems until now. I sighed and shook my head, trying to downplay the whole situation.

"It's nothing, it's just that...Kellin kind of forgot what today is. No big deal," I said.

"Oh, dude that's a bummer," Jaime said. I just shrugged again and tried putting on no emotions. It kind of sucks when someone you're in love with doesn't even remember something like your birthday.

"Do you want me to mention it to him or something?" Mike asked. I shook my head quickly.

"No, no. I don't want anyone to say anything to him, okay? I want to see if he figures it out on his own," I told.

"Oh come on, just let one of us tell him and it'll all be cool," Jaime said. I glared at him, turning back into the person I was back in high school who could easily control these boys.