Chapter 5

I just stare at him and he breaks the silence "I'm fang by the way, what's your name?" He asked. "Why would I tell you I don't even know if we're alike so...." I said slowly. He doesn't take off his jacket just rolls his shoulders and unfolds his wings. They look to be about 13 feet long and they are black. "I'm Maximum but you can call me Max" I say softly. "Well I have to get back to my.... Sister" he said. He said that last part kind of like he was luring but I shrugged it off. "Is she like you?" I asked. "Yes." He said "can I meet her?" I ask. "I don't care" is all he said before flying up into the air. I pulls jacket off and grab my duffle bag and I unfold my wings and push up. I feel the wind catch in my feathers and smile softly. I catch up to him quick enough. He flies to the mountains with me following closely behind. He lands in a house in the mountains that I would've never found if I didn't know about it. He lands a lot better than I can. I fly down and stumble a little before gaining my balance and look at him smiling at me.

"What?" I snap. "Nothing" he said and walked inside with the smile still on his face. I follow him in the house and set my bag by the door. "Are your parents around?" I asked him. He almost laughed at that. "No I've never had a parent I'm a test tube baby" he said and smiled again. (If you don't know what a test tube baby is it's where scientists create you, you were not made by a female and a male) I looked around the house fascinated. "Angel" Fang called out. The little girl angel came running with her little 8 foot wings out and when she saw me she stopped in her tracks and folded her wings tight to her back. She was small and was wearing a sun dress. She looked adorable. "Who is that Fang" angel asked. "This is Max and she is like us" Fang said and looked at me. I smiled warmly at her and waved a little. "Prove it" said angel. "Okay but not here it's not enough room" I said and walked outside. Once I was outside I unfolded my wings and they came out with a pop. Angel looked at my wings and smiles softly. "I'm not feeling well" I said and touched my arm. I pulled it back and blood was dripping down it. "Oh no what happened" fang asked. "I don't know but--" I was cut off when I saw the ground come rising up to me. I feel sting arms catch me before I hit the floor, then I see darkness.