CHAPTER 35

I GASPED AS MY LEG RESTED INTO THE COLD PLASTIC. "I-" I couldn't gather my words. I was so happy and worried and all these emotions were bundled into one and I didn't know how to feel. Alyssa let out a laughing gasp and kissed me on the cheek, "You did it. I'm so proud of you." I replied back with a blush, my face getting hotter the blood rushing into my cheeks. I take a step. I think in my head 'Is this real? Am I doing this?'

I am. I walk down the road, shaky at first and grab on to the side of a car with a mother sitting face down on the wheel, a family of 4 in the back. I gasp back in fear and back into the car on the other side. A bang from the inside of the car frightens me as a small dainty hand comes around my neck and pulls inside the car window. Alyssa lets out a startled scream before a bag is thrown over her head and pulled into the back of the car. Lewis fires before he is punched in the side of the head and collapses to the ground. A African American man dressed all in black drags his body and throws it in the back along with Alyssa.

The hand moves from my mouth, "What's going on." The voice says, obviously a girl. My back is still against the door and I don't even dare turning around. I feel the muzzle of a gun go to the back of my neck. "Listen. Listen...I don't...I swear. I can explain if you let us go. Please. P-please." I beg, holding my hands up in surrender. "Get in the car." The African American man says. I keep my hands up as he opens the door, takes my weapons, and shoves me into the seat. I get a clear sight of the girl in the drivers seat. Black long hair down to her waist, pale frostbite skin, fierce green eyes. I'm snapped out of my daze by a sudden punch to the side of my head, "I SAID ANSWER ME NOW!" The man yells, spitting a little as he does. Alyssa lets out a muffled scream and starts to sob. Her hands are tied together with what looks like a scarf and Lewis is sprawled on top of her, breathing but not conscious. "Let my friends go." I say through clenched teeth. "Answer. Me. Why is this happening?" The girl whispers. "LET THEM GO!" I yell infuriated now. I struggle in the seat, just now realizing...my hands are tied behind my back. When did that happen? I kick the passenger seat and yell, "LET ME GO, LET MY GO! NOW! LET ME GO YOU SON OF A-" The man choke holds me against the seat and goes for the seat belt and wraps it loosely around my neck, "Answer now. Every Time you don't, it gets tighter."

"Harvis..."

"NO DAIS! I WANT ANSWERS." He pulls the seat belt and I try to pull it back but my hands are bound. "Please.....stop." I gasp for air as he loosens. Alyssa screams in the back, "JAKE!" Her voice cracks and she begins to sob again. Her blonde hair matted and greased. She still was beautiful and I couldn't let anything happen to her. I can't loose her too. "It's okay...calm down okay? I love you okay? Be calm...please. It's okay." I say to her. She sobs silently and again the man asks, "Why is this happening?"

The girl glares at me, her eyes saying, "Just say the stuff. He's not afraid to kill you." I sigh and look at the bagged head of Alyssa in the back, then at the head rest in front of me. "It's a long story."

Harvis and Dais look at each other and then back at me before saying in unison, "We got plenty of time."