CHAPTER 15

I DREAMT I WAS IN A HOSPITAL BED, my whole body was numb. Looking down at my leg, freshly stitched. A man walked into my room. Jorge. He smiled at me from the door, he was wearing a doctors cloak with the name tag, "Dr. Drew" on it. The cloak was no longer white, it was covered in blood. He was holding a needle filled with green fluid in it and stabbed it into my fluids bag. The water turned to a deep green, flowing down the tube into my arm.

"Good night Jake." He laughed, before leaving the room.

I felt my self slowly slipping away. Was I dying? The thought echoed through my head. I opened my right eye, I was confused to see Dr. Drew dead on the ground, a bullet wound directly at his heart. It hit me then. The dream I had wasn't a dream. Looking over to my fluid bag which was now completely green I pulled the needle out of the tube, "Nnnnno..." I moaned. If Jorge was here, where is Heather, and Chris? I started to pull tubes and needles out of my arms, and rolled off the bed. Grunting to get up my arms were weak, shaking as I tried to lift my self. I slid on my stomach, making my way into the hallway. Blood smeared the walls, bullet holes were all over- the ceilings, the walls, the doors- nurses lie around, not breathing. I crawled my way to the office where Alyssa was strangling a man with her stethoscope. Her hands were covered in blood. When the man went limp she hurried over to me, "JAKE!! SWEETIE! Oh dear," She cried picking me up, she walked me over to a wheelchair, "Mmmy...friends..?" I said numbly, "Your friends are alright...I saw them leave." This confused me. Why would Chris leave me behind? Everything we have been through and they just leave me. I felt a sudden bomb of anger erupt inside me. "Nnnno!" I yelled. Gun shots went off upstairs, "Jake, sweet pea, we have to leave now. We can try to find your friends later. We have to go now." She smiled. "Hmmmumm." I moaned in exhaustion. She strapped my hands and leg into the wheelchair and hurried out the hole in the wall, which used to be the front door. She made her way to a tan minivan and opened the side door laying me down. She quickly threw the wheelchair in the back, speeding off hurriedly. We drove for about an hour before stopping.

"Drink hon." She sat next to my head and tilted a water bottle into my mouth. The savory water was so good it was to hard not to stop. In seconds the water was gone and I couldn't help but feel upset. "Now. Jake. How did you really loose your leg?" She sighed. "My...brother...," I sighed, "My brother cut it off because it was infected." I spit out, "Those men. Jorge. Jorge is the leader he's an old man...brown eyes..he wants us dead...because we killed John Manson....," She gasped, "YOURE THE ONES WHO KILLED THEM!?" She yelled backing away, "We have our reasons..." I moaned, "Those are?" She asked, "I'm.....I'm Ricky Shares kid. Chris is my brother. Heather is John Manson's daughter." She leaned back in shock. "I thought...you people were dead?" She had a sad look on her face, "Not yet...So Chris and I figured out John Manson...killed our parents...we got revenge." I exhaled, sending me into a coughing fit, "Why, did he kill your parents?" She asked, her brown eyes glimmered in the sunset rising, "The Manson's...don't make socks. They make a killing medicine. One shot and you're dead. My dad was selling it to people behind Johns back and they were mad about it...the year after that...boom he's dead." I said. I gave her a look as if to say 'Stop asking me things.' Which she obviously didn't get, "So you found Jorge or whatever...and?" She asked, "They held us captive for a while, I got stabbed in the leg, got infected, Chris cut it off. End of discussion." I said, "Wait! But why are they after you now?" She asked again. "Because we killed John and they want us dead. Jesus are you like 4?" I asked. She gave me an angered look, "No. You're lucky I'm not 30 something because I wouldn't allow you to talk to me like that. I'm 19. I'm an intern." She said hopping back into the front seat. "S-sorry." I decided to just shut my mouth. "Do you have a cellphone?" She asked, "Uh..no?" I replied, "Oh...OH by the way your pants are in the back, I thought you would need all those shot things." She laughed, "By the way...nice butt back there." My face turned a deep red, "Uh...thanks?" I said embarrassed. She giggled and continued to drive forward, "I need to find my brother." She looked back at me, "Last I heard they said they were going to an apartment complex?" She asked, "HOME! No! They can't go there! We have to stop them, it's down town, the abandoned area!" I yelled, "You live in an apartment complex?" She asked, "We have been hidden for 10 years. You can't tell anyone about it." I said instantly, "Cross my heart and hope to not die tonight." She smiled.

"To the apartment complex we go." She stepped on the gas speeding away.