CHAPTER 13

I WOKE UP, MY HEAD BOBBLING AROUND, my eye sight blurry. Chris was running down the hall a gun in hand, my arms were rapped around his neck my head limply on his shoulder. Heather was in front of Chris, shot gun in hand. "CHRIS THIS WAY, THEY'RE COMING!" Heather yelled,"Hmmm uh hmmm..." I moaned. "HES AWAKE!" Chris yelled to Heather. She turned around and smiled. A large gash crossed from her eye across her mouth. Her eye was black and purple, her blue eyes still shining through the bruise. "Few more minutes!" She yelled back. How long have I been out? I wanted to ask but didn't have the strength to. The whole place went dark, I thought I had passed out, it turns out the power was cut. "This isn't good." Heather sighed. The hallway went from pitch black to a dimmed red. Sirens bellowed in the distance. "We have to get out of here now." Chris said. "C-Chris?" I croaked, my throat was dry and soar making it hard to talk. "Hold on Jake we'll get you out bud." He said patting my hand. His beard had crusty blood, and new blood in it, his eyes were shadowed and bruised.

Heather turned a corner her gun ready. She shot off 3 bullets then signaled us forward with a wave of her hand. Three bodies shot directly where your heart would be were lying around, no guns at all. "Chris? How...long have I been out..?" I moaned, "Uhh...maybe 3,4 hours...5 I think." He said, running after Heather, "Ugh." I slumped my head back on his shoulder. I felt drained- probably because I was, of blood- like everything was pouring out of the hole where my leg used to be. "Uuuuuugh." I moaned again. My stomach clenched and I threw up on Chris's shoulder. "Ah ew. Thanks, man." He said his face disgusted, "Ha. Ha.....you're very....welcome." I smiled through slobbery lips. The siren continued to go off blaring in my ears, causing a migraine. Heather ran through an open door way, leading us into a garage. Inside, there was multiple military trucks, jeeps, trucks, even a couple tanks. Probably all stolen.

Chris turned away from Heather to a box on the wall, "What car we taking?" He yelled to Heather who was getting in the drivers seat of a jeep, "Uh...Jeep." I moaned. Chris grabbed keys for a jeep and ran to the car. "Lie him down in the back, carefully." Heather said. She didn't show any sign of emotion her face was stern, eyebrows furrowed as she started the ignition. Her clothes were dosed in blood. Fresh blood to be exact. "Heather...." I sighed, "Yes?" She asked starting the car, "blood? Is that...yours?" I asked, "Nah....Aunts." She smiled back at me. "Ooooh cool." I moaned. She laughed. "Ugh Chris. The garage needs to be opened." She exhaled in exhaustion. "Take this." She handed him the shot gun. Chris hopped out of the passenger seat and made his way to a control panel next to the giant garage door. He ran back as quick as he could. As the door opened, on the other side it revealed an army of men and women holding guns. Some in trucks. "DUCK!" Chris yelled. The windshield shattered into pieces, showering Heather and Chris "GO, GO, GO!!" Chris yelled. Heather stepped on the gas, pounding through the army. A man hit the top of the roof and fell to the side. Looking out the window I realized the man was Brutus. We turned onto a street, I don't recognize. It was to dark out to know anyway. "We got company guys." Four trucks followed us. The one ahead of all was driven by Jorge.

"We can't go home." I sighed.