one|《Espresso》

Dimmed street lights began to light on by one down the street along with the other side of the street. I began to walk a little faster to escape the crisp fall air that made my hair stick up on my arms. My gel curls on top of my head barely giving any protection to the elements.

As I walked I passed shops closing or the scarce ones still open along with some lights some cars passing the busy street. As I walked along the street I smelt the bitter smell of coffee bean which lead to a store called 'The Bean'. Outside there was tables an chairs for when the weather was warm enough along with a small chalkboard sign saying 'Open Mic every Monday an Friday'. As another cool air came I took the opportunity to walk inside, and was instantly greeted with warmth.

It was a little store that also seem to double as a book store from the line of books on a shelf on one side an a barista area on the other. It was a cozy and comfy feeling that made you feel at home and with the smell of fresh coffee made it seem even better despite my hate for the bitter drink. I found an empty stool area and took the seat, in the back part of coffee shop there was a small stage along with an old-looking mic on it an a wooden stool. Behind it was a rather large Prussian rug hanging on the wall with white Christmas lights above lighting the area.

There was a sudden burst of claps as a girl looking good around my age or young-looking 16-18. At first she looked a little nervous but as she sat on the stool and took a deep breath she looked right at home. The girl had dark curl brown locks along with what I think was hazel eyes, she was wearing a white sweater as well as some grey leggings and brown combat boots. As soon as she began her voice carried through the room it was soft yet soulful but had something else.

When she got towards to what I thought was the middle of the song I felt my phone vibrate in my jacket pocket

Hey where are you? Come on it's starting to get dark come back Blake. -Trevor

As I was about to walk out the door I looked back at the girl she looked so familiar but I couldn't place it....

Who was the Coffee shop girl?