Chapter 24: Into Me

Two Sided Mirror

Chapter 24

Into Me

Dareth ran through the mirrors. He scanned the area as he went plotting out the best course of action. Right, then left, another left, a right. He stopped as the whole building swayed. Just what was going on. They weren't trying to bring the whole building down around them...were they?

He heard a scream, his own emotions flaring. How could they do this to Danny. After all she had been through in her life. Her parents used them, hurt them, they weren't toys! What was going to happen?

"I'm coming Danny!" The scream didn't sound to far away. He stopped however when the building shook harder. He could hear Danny crying. He didn't want that, he didn't want her to cry. He'd n..." He stopped. There in front of him was a woman, and a gun. She had it held up to him.

"So...you're the boyfriend she was talking about? A nindroid?" She asked. Dareth felt his oil boil. He knew that woman, she was the one from the Gala. The one that partnered up with Dr. Julien to make that ship. His eyes narrowed. He couldn't kill a human, oh no the laws forbade it. But this...was no human. This was a monster, a monster that killed people.

He balled up his fist and glared at the woman before him.

"I am Dareth, I have come to save Danny. Step aside." He would at least attempt not to harm her, but she wasn't going to listen. Not with the look she was giving him.

"Oh yes sure...go ahead into the room...by all means..." She stepped out of the way. The gun was still poised on him. As soon as Dareth made to move a shot rang out and went right past his shoulder.

"I'm not to good with this thing. But I'm pretty sure before you go through that door I'll get better." She said watching as Dareth glared at the woman.

He heard Danny scream again. What was he supposed to do? He watched Gaya's eye spark and twitch as she smiled. She was enjoying what she was doing. Moreover she was...sparking. His eyes grew wide at her. His wrist opened up and he held it up and fired at her. The large hole in her chest, as well as the wall behind her. The surprise on her face was all that she had to say after that. Her body fell down spraying the ground with spent wires, nuts, bolts, and oil.

His wrist closed again. The building shook and started to crack around them. Something must have happened with Zane. He wished he knew what was going on with them on their side of the maze.

His eyes grew wide seeing Danny hanging over a large hole in the ground. The room was on fire, and it had caught the rope that had held Danny over the hole. There was water under her. That wasn't much. Well unless the building fell down around them, but she'd have time to swim out from under the building before the structural integrity failed. Right?

Danny spotted him. The panicked look in her eyes, the tears running down her face. She had been acting brave for Dane when she said she was fine. She had lied. Dareth could see what was wrong now. Danny couldn't swim.

There was a loud creak from the rope and she fell a few feet as one of the ropes gave out. One more and she'd fall.

"Your fifteen minutes are up Dane!" Of course the announcer didn't know what was going on so he still thought it was Dane. "To bad..." The rope broke and the whole building exploded. Dareth felt the building break into thousands of different pieces as he fell into the water. Danny hit the water after. He lost sight of her. Now...was a perfect time to panic.