Chapter 22: Ready?

Authors Notes: OMG the ending is my favorite!

Please Read and review!

Two Sided Mirror

Chapter 22

Danny slowly opened her eyes the room she was in didn't seem to be familiar to her. She ran her fingers along the cold stone floor and rolled over. Her head hurt her so much. She couldn't put her finger on why. She had a bit of momentary comfort as she felt Dane's connection.

She slowly smiled seeing pictures of hearts, and flowers as he tried to calm her down. It seemed to work. She knew he was coming, this time she knew. Her hand slowly went to her chest. It almost felt so full it would burst. For once in her whole life...she felt wanted.

Standing up with some effort she looked through the bars on her cell. She could see the back of her father as he leaned over something. Over to her right she could see Inky laying down on the table. One IV with blood going into her, and the second IV with a liquid going out. This liquid looked so strange. It didn't look like blood.

"I experimented on your brother Zane you know. Gave him an elemental power I had got after killing the master of ice some years back. Didn't realize it would matter so much to Master Wu." He told her. He turned around and pointed to Inky.

"Did it again with her. Killed the master of ink and gave it to her. However...I didn't realize the ink can be different from person to person. The woman before her had black ink...while hers is a rainbow color.

But regardless of how many times I tried to. Her ink would only come out in individual colors brought on by her emotional state. When I told her I'd take her to see you...she became happy...and fell asleep in the car. She's still so happy in her induced sleep. As long as she continues to be happy...her ink will look like this." He pointed to the many vials he had along the tables.

"Fed into the mind of the person whose got one of the nurel links...it'll take over there entire subconscious and they'll have to do whatever the nindroid they are partnered with says." He said and pointed to Echo who sat there glaring at Danny. "Shall we start then?" Echo stood up and turned. Julien plugged Echo into a machine and he walked over to Danny and opened the cell. She was scared, she backed away from Dr. Julien.

"Don't you...dare. You can't..." She was so afraid. Sending picture after picture of the horrible scene to Dane. His surprise seeing Inky laying on the cot was news to him. Danny was thrown down into a chair and tied down.

"No, stop. You can't do this...I have a family now..." She cried out. She felt something heavy being pressed against the back of her neck.

"Interesting hairstyle...wonder who gave it to you?" Echo laughed. Danny was trembling as she felt something sharp inter her arm. She could see the ink.

"No...No...please." She gasped when she felt something tingle in her arm, and in her neck. Then it all happened at once. She felt numb. She could hardly breathe.

She heard it in the back of her head. Very low at first, but it began to grow.

"Breath Danny. Please keep breathing. I'm coming. I'm on my way. Just hang on." Danny felt herself begin to breathe softly. Her eyes fluttered open and she could see she was on a bed. She turned her head to see a different room entirely. She was no longer in the cell, or even in the lab.

"What do you mean it didn't work?" The door banged against the wall as Gaya walked in. She looked down at Danny who gasped and curled in.

"Who have you been in contact with that could have possibly gotten your nurel link working? What android? If we hope for this thing to work, we need to cut that link!" She spat glaring at Julien.

"I have no idea what your talking about." Danny lied. Gaya growled slapping her. Danny felt the link come back to life. She smiled as she felt Dane closer than before. Almost as if he were right next to her.

"What...are you hiding?" Gaya asked glaring at Julien. To her this was his fault. Julien gritted his teeth, you could hear them grinding together as he glared at the young girl laying down on the bed.

"Well answer her Danny! Don't you dare lie either." Julien grabbed her

wrist. She didn't cry out, she didn't shiver, or even recoil from his grasp. She smiled up at him with as much confidence as he ever saw on her.

"My boyfriends back...and you're going to be in trouble."