Visit

"What's up with you? Your acting more moody than usual."

I put down the cigarette to give her an eye roll.

"What in the hell is that supposed to mean?"

She gave me a sarcastic look of her own.

"I mean your sitting in here with your laptop open but your not typing anything. I thought you were doing a story and a play."

I raised the cigarette to my lips again.

"Yeah so?"

"So shouldn't you be working on it?"

I reached over and closed the laptop at this point.

"Truth be told I've lost my motivation darling."

She crossed her arms and looked skeptical.

"You lost your motivation?"

I only nod.

"Why?"

I put my sunglasses back on when i look at her. Cause it's easier when she can't see my eyes.

"You know perfectly well why."

Now she's hiding her eyes looking at the floor and playing with the hem of her dress.

"Don't use me as an excuse." She mumbles and now I'm angry.

" I FUCKING told you i would give you a ride HOME! It was dark and i knew it was dangerous but you said you'd get home JUST FINE!"

She's really not looking at me now. She's just letting me yell at her. Her blue hair hides her face and her fists are clenched but my anger doesn't relent.

"I understand that your angry." She whispers. "And i'm sorry about that. But you can't pause your whole life because of me."

"Says who i can't." I flop back down on the couch and raise the cigarette to my mouth again.

Now she's angry she stands up and smacks it out of my mouth onto the floor. I jump up immediately fists clenched.

"Do it." She whispers. "Fucking hit me."

And i can't she knows i can't i toss myself back on the couch and bury my head in my hands.

I feel the couch sink beside me as she sits next to me. "It's not just this." She whispers. "There's college, your play. You can't give up."

I lay my head against the back of the couch. "I already have."