XXI [end]

☾☀

☾☀

you know that moment when you feel your own heartbeat in your ears? when you can even hear it? it happens sometimes. usually when you are extremely anxious or scared or even angry. jimin has been experiencing this particular feeling very often lately. and the reason for this was only one.

lets face it. yoongi was sick. he has been his whole life. at the age of 16 he lost his sign due to the so called illness hereditary retinoblastoma. doctors caught it too late. jimin was so angry at them, for being sloppy and not doing their job correctly. he spend a solid time studying this illness. he wanted to be fully informed of what it is and what to expect. sadly, we cannot always be prepared for the future and that's exactly what pissed him off the most. why do good people have to suffer? why does yoongi has to suffer?

☾☀

"im sorry but there's not much we can do in this situation" a doctor simply told jimin one day.

you see, you feel happy at some point in your life, very happy. but sometimes bad things can happen. and that's okay. because you can't feel only positive emotions. otherwise, are you really living or just existing in a false reality?

☾☀

"people with this illness should be diagnosed and treated before the age of 5" another doctor said. jimin has spend more than a month meeting with different doctors and professionals that could help. they were all talking crap. or maybe jimin didn't want to accept the truth. maybe he wasn't ready yet.

☾☀

"you need to stop, jimin" hoseok once told him, pouring himself coffee and scrunching up his nose in disgust. hospital coffee was the worst.

"what am i supposed to do, huh? just sit and watch him die? without even trying to help him? without even trying to take away even a drop of his pain? do you know what id give if only i could be in his place for at least a little bit, just so he can be at peace for a little while?" jimin replied, his voice trembling. he was hurting oh so much. but he didn't have enough energy to be angry anymore.

"stop trying to find a way around life. accept the reality, no matter how tough it is, i know how much it hurts. but don't make this even worse by loosing yourself in sadness please. that's not what he needs right now" hoseok said softly and kneeled in front of jimin who was sitting down on a chair next to the vending machine. the taller wiped a tear falling down jimin's cheek and gave a small, resuring smile to the other, even though the pain was so unbearable for him as well. it helped, having a shoulder to cry on sometimes.

☾☀

"you can't be seriously telling me that he is the first to go through this" jimin said in disbelief. another doctor's appointment.