Chapter 6

Previously...

While (Y/N) and a minion idiotically search the forest for ice, Snatcher is interrogated and unintentionally violated by a hatted child. While he is figuratively and literally pushed up against the wall, the traveler walks in on this bizarre scene before them...

"Kid!" Snatcher shouted, seeming frazzled. His eyes were wild and the floof that hung around his neck had been messed up a bit. A little girl wearing a purple top hat hung off of his chest, grasping the hair rather tightly in her small fists. "Please get her off of me..." Snatcher whimpered. You raised an eyebrow at his behavior. 'Can't he get her off himself?'

"Sure, buddy." You said, slightly amused. You walked over the the kid and held her by the torso. Without letting go, she twisted around to look at you. "Hi." She said. You narrowed your eyes and replied with a simple, "Let go." She did so, albeit hesitantly.

After putting her down you turn to the phantom. "Boss, what the heck is going on? Who is that?" you ask. He glanced at you while attempting to pat down stray hairs that the child had messed up. "An old contractor." He replied. He then leaned into your ear. "She won't leave me alone..." he whispered. You nodded and looked back at the kid.

She was talking to herself excitedly, saying things about "friends sharing secrets" or something. Weird. You kneeled down and held out your hand, attempting to pull off a friendly demeanor. You honestly weren't the best with kids, as most tried to avoid you.

"Hey there. The name's (Y/N)." You told her. She gingerly took your hand to shake. She had immense strength and gripped your hand tightly, giving it a strong shake. "Hat Kid." She replied happily.

The fact that she was indeed stronger than you startled you a bit, but you continued. "Cute name!" You continued, forcing a smile. "Can you please do me a favor, Hat Kid?"

She raised her eyebrows a bit and nodded her head a bit. You were chuckled a bit at her compliance, your smile suddenly feeling a lot more sincere. "Would you please leave Mr. Snatcher alone? He's had a long day and I think he could use a break." You stated sweetly.

Hat Kid leans to the side, looking past you towards the ghost. He did, in fact,
look tired. His face glowed much dimmer and his hair was still sticking up, almost similar to how a cat's tail may puff up if afraid or surprised. She looked back at you. A playful smile creeped onto her lips as she leaned towards you, hand cupped around her mouth as if to tell you a secret.

"I think he likes you~" she sang before running off. 'What a strange kid.' You stood up and turned around. "Steve and I have nothing to report, Boss." Snatcher was still trying to fix his hair, but to no avail.

"Who's Steve?" He asked. You giggled childishly at the name you'd given the minion. "The guy you sent me to the forest with." You replied. "Funny, that guy. There's also Alex, Dinnerbone, Jeb_," you were cut off by the phantom. "Hold up- 'Jeb Underscore'?"

"No no! It's Jeb_." You corrected. He furrowed his brows. "I really don't know what I'm doing wrong." You shrugged your shoulders before continuing your list. "Sven, Joergen, Watershep... Oh! We can't forget about good ol' MiniChimmichanga!"

Snatcher seemed utterly confused, but there was a hint of amusement on his face. Closing his eyes, he sighed and sat back on his chair.

You looked at his exhausted state for a moment. Then the question finally popped up. "How did you get cornered by a kid?" You ask. The phantom's eyes shot open at your question. "I didn't!" He yelled. "I was just...uh..."

You began to laugh. "The Snatcher, a soul eating poltergeist, attacked by a kid!" You snickered. "This is absolutely breathtaking..."
Snatcher seemed a bit fed up with your shenanigan. "(Y/N)." He said. You looked up at him, quieting down a bit. "Yeah?" You replied.

He gestured you to come closer, and you obediently walked up to his chair. "I have more work for ya, kid." He told you before snapping. His cozy little home suddenly became the eerie setting from when you two had first met. The figures that surrounded you looked less opaque, though.

Another contract appeared before you, listing the same chores you recently completed with a few additions. After reading the contract over, you signed. The shadow raised an eyebrow. "No protest, huh?" He stated, seemingly curious about your behavior. He had been expecting you to be upset about not having your soul back yet. He had expected you to throw a tantrum like most of the others.

However, you knew better. You knew that he wouldn't just give you up. That would be very Un- Snatcher of him. Instead, he would probably just keep your soul hostage until you had no use anymore and just kill you anyway. You didn't like this truth. No, if anything, you were absolutely angry. But you had no power over the situation.

You shook you head in reply to his curiosity, crossing your arms. "I'm not stupid. Knowing you, you're going to keep it as long as you possibly can." The ghost laughed at your reply before winking at you. "I guess you've gotten to know me a little bit, kid!" You chuckled a bit yourself.

Just before he left, you called out to him. "Snatcher!" He glanced down at you, humming in reply. "You've got confetti in your hair!" You snickered. Upon your comment, he left quickly and and feverishly searched for the colorful piece of paper under his floof.

After a few minutes of searching, he realized something. You had been messing with him. In a fit of embarrassment, he returned to his home, mutter curses under his breath. He'll have a word with you later.

What the fuck
1k reads?? hhhhhhhhhhh???
If you guys want,  I could do a shitpost or a one shot for the occasion. Just tell me what you want in the comments or whatever. Also, shoutout to SanitizedMaxine and MonikaYeet for helping me name the minions!