"Yoongs," Jimin laughed, "You have flour on your face."

Yoongi scowled as Jimin came closer, brushing the flour out of Yoongi's hair with his fingers. "You look so cute!" Jimin cooed, pinching one of his cheeks.

Taking some flour in his hand, Yoongi grinned as he wiped some on Jimin's face. "There, now we're matching!"

Jimin smirked as he scooped some flour off of the counter and rubbed it onto Yoongi's arm. "Are we? I feel like you have more flour on you than me."

"Let's change that."

What started as a small mess quickly became a full-blown flour fight, the boys laughing and screaming as flour was thrown everywhere. The kitchen was a complete mess, and so were they.

"Y-you look like a g-ghost!" Jimin gasped between his laughter, out of breath.

Yoongi's eyes widened suddenly. "The oven!" He ran to turn it off, wiping the flour out of his eyes.

"Let's finish the brownies, please," the older whined. "I'm hungry!"

"Okay, okay."

They finally finished mixing together the dry ingredients, not bothering to sift them.

"Okay, now we need the stove and a frying pan. And the butter," Yoongi said, raising an eyebrow.

"Which we have!" Jimin added, smiling sheepishly.

They buttered the pan on the stove, and Yoongi slowly melted the chocolate bar they'd bought at the store.

"Can you get me the sugar?" Yoongi called, moving the pan off of the burner to let the mixture cool down.

"My baby's such a good chef," Jimin mumbled with a grin. "What kind of sugar?"

"I think I need brown sugar. Oh, and white sugar too, I think."

Taking the packages from Jimin, Yoongi measured and mixed in the sugars, this time careful not to spill anything— not that it would make a difference, as they, and the kitchen, were completely covered in flour. "How are we going to clean all of this up?" Yoongi groaned.

"The brownies will be our fuel."

"You're so stupid," Yoongi huffed, smacking Jimin's arm. "Jiyeon auntie's going to kill us when she gets home."

"Not if we give her brownies," Jimin grinned.

"Eggs now. Can you crack them?" Yoongi frowned, "I'm really bad at it."

The first two eggs were cracked perfectly, and Jimin even had a smug smile on his face. "I'm amazing at this."

Then he dropped the third egg into the chocolate mixture, the smug smile immediately vanishing.

"Jimin, there's going to be eggshell in the brownies now!" Yoongi pouted.

"I'll get it all out!" Jimin promised, picking through the chocolate for the tiny shells.

They mixed in some vanilla extract after Jimin had insisted that he'd picked out all of the eggshell, then added the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips at the end.

"I hate baking," Yoongi muttered. "Why couldn't we just get store-bought brownies?"

"I like them hot," Jimin wiggled his eyebrows and Yoongi snorted in amusement.

They poured the batter into the pan they'd buttered nearly an hour ago.

"Shit. We turned off the oven!" Jimin groaned. "We have to wait another fifteen minutes for the oven to preheat again."

"That gives us plenty of time to clean up!"

Jimin groaned again.

Fifteen minutes later, the kitchen was miraculously as clean as it was before they'd began baking, and the oven was done preheating.

"Yay!" Yoongi skipped around the kitchen as he heard the oven beep, a goofy grin on his face. Cute.

"Don't get too excited," Jimin chuckled, "We haven't even put them in the oven yet."

Yoongi stuck the brownies in the oven and set a timer on his phone. "Twenty minutes before I get to eat brownies!" he giggled before turning on the light inside the oven and sitting down in front of it, cross-legged.

"What are you doing?"

"Waiting," Yoongi said simply, staring at the oven.

"For twenty minutes?"

Yoongi nodded. "Mhm."

Jimin plopped down beside the older, mimicking him by crossing his legs too.

"I'll keep you company."

Imagine how weird it must've been for Mrs. Park to come home to her son and his best friend—who was wearing her apron— staring at the oven as they talked, covered from head to toe in flour.

She sighed. Those silly boys.

<3

i don't usually update before midnight (or whatever time it is for you guys) but for once, i updated early! fun fact: the only thing i'm actually good at is procrastinating. school starts in 2 weeks and i haven't even started my summer assignment.. lmao i'm screwed :,) happy reading <3