camping [j.m]

jonah marais.

--

"we're here!" jonah exclaims, putting the car in park. "i'm going to go check in, i'll be back. jack, wanna come with me?"

"sure," jack replies, and the two get out of the car, walking to the building to check in.

you sit in the passenger seat, waiting with the other three boys.

"what are the sleeping arrangements?" zach asks.

"how many tents do we have anyway?" corbyn adds.

"we brought three," you begin. "jonah and i are taking one, and you four can figure out how you're going to split up, if you want too."

"we're splitting up, it's too hot to pack four of us into one tent," corbyn says, making you laugh.

"can you imagine us in one tent?" daniel continues. "hell no."

"dude," corbyn says, looking at daniel. "you and i should share one, we all know zach and jack will be at peak insanity hours at two in the morning."

"sounds good to me, i don't want to parent zach," daniel replies.

"hey!" zach exclaims, causing you to laugh.

**

jonah and yourself finish setting up your tent, and you smile up at him.

"hell yeah, we just did that," you say, high-fiving him.

"we're camping pros," jonah agrees.

not long after, corbyn and daniel finish setting up theirs.

"i packed all our sleeping things into separate bags," you explain, going to the trunk of the car, with jonah, daniel and corbyn following. "jonah and i's things are in this bag, zach and jack's are in this one, and corbyn and daniel's are in this one."

"thanks y/n," daniel smiles, pulling out the bag. "you really are the best."

"i know," you joke, smiling.

corbyn and daniel walk back to their tent to start blowing up the air mattress.

jonah grabs your bag, bringing it back to your shared tent.

you take out everything, laying it on the floor of the tent.

"wow," jonah says, causing you to look up at him. "i see we're camping in style."

you laugh, looking back at the things you brought.

fairy lights, a couple throw pillows, sheets and a comforter, etc.

"hey," you start. "i want to camp in style. plus, when it's dark out and we're hanging out in here, it'll look dope."

jonah smiles at you.

"you're really the most extra person i've met," he says.

**

after another hour, all of you get our tents set up fully.

jack and zach had a bit of trouble getting their tent set up, and corbyn had to step in and help, while the rest of us sat back and laughed.

"hey, we still have a lot of the day left," corbyn says, looking at his phone. "it's only one o'clock."

"we should go swim!" jonah exclaims.

"yes! there's a beach right by us!" jack agrees.

you all rush to change into your swim suits, and grab your things for the beach.

you set your things on the sand.

"hey, jack, race ya to the water," daniel smirks.

"you're on," jack replies.

the two take of running, zach and corbyn right behind them.

jonah and you follow, laughing as corbyn shoves zach underwater.

you dive right into the water once you hit the shoreline.

"yo, chicken fight!" corbyn exclaims. "daniel and i vs. y/n and jonah."

"oh, you're so on," you reply.

jonah ducks under water, and you climb onto his shoulders.

his arms secure around your legs, and he then comes back up.

corbyn gets on daniel's shoulders.

"you're so going to down, besson," you smirk.

corbyn raises an eyebrow, his mouth forming into a smirk.

"i wouldn't count on that," corbyn replies.

"ready, 3, 2, 1, fight!" zach and jack yell.

jonah and daniel move towards each other, and you keep your arms out.

you grab onto corbyn's arms, using your strength to try to get him to fall.

"you got this, baby," jonah encourages.

you keep pushing corbyn while he pushes you, and eventually, corbyn falls backward into the water.

"yes!" you scream, putting both hands in the air. "we won!"

"we're the superior couple!" jonah adds.

**

the six of you sit around the campfire that jonah and corbyn had made.

you sit together laughing, while roasting marshmallows.

the dark starry night surrounds you, the air having a bit of a chill.

you wrap the blanket you have tighter around yourself.

"hey," you start, looking at the boys. "thank you for agreeing to come. i've been wanting to go camping for awhile, so thank you for coming with me."

"why would we say no? this is so fucking fun, of course we would agree to this," corbyn replies, the others nodding in agreement.

you smile, leaning your head on jonah's shoulder.

——

[well hey everyone, long time no see. sorry i haven't updated in literally over a year, i just haven't had the motivation to write if i'm being completely honest.
anyway, here's an update. kinda shitty, sorry.
:)
peace,
galaxymarais]