Chapter 15

Kurt's pov
A week later:Prom night

I look at myself in the mirror making sure I look perfect. "Kurt,Mercedes , Sam and Rachel are here,"I hear Blaine say through the door.
I take Blaines ring off of the chain and gently put it on my finger smiling at it proudly,I walk over to the door and open it gasping seeing Blaine in his tuxedo he looked so beautiful I feel my heart rate grow higher,"Oh Kurt you look beautiful,"Blaine said with a smile,I smile back "So do you,"I lean in and we give each other a quick kiss before taking each others hands. "Are you alright?"Blaine asked as we walk down the stairs seeing our friends and family smiling at us widely at the bottom. "Yeah..."I whispered "a little nervous,"that was a big fat lie I am petrified who knew what would happen. "Well I'll be right with you like I promised,"Blaine replied looking at me in the eyes and giving my hand an extra tight squeeze.

As we greet the others at the bottom of the stairs our parents made us all take photographs:One photo of Blaine and I,one with Rachel and Finn,a photo with Me and Finn and one with all of us together in a row and to tell you that truth I wasn't embarrassed one little bit.I just kind of wished Mum would of been here to see it and I kind of wished Blaines Dad wasn't a physco so he could of been here and actually SMILE...we don't Always get what we want though.

Walking into the School hall I started to feel really sick this could be the night of HORROR AND DEATH! however I keep a positive and "brave face"as our group meet the other New dorectioners:Mike,Tina,Artie,Brittany and Santana,. I got to admit though it was nice talking to everyone all together and having a laugh.

Prom made me feel a little excited some point as I expireneced things I thought I would of never experienced ever that includes:Going to a dance with a boyfriend,Actually feeling like I belonged and seeing Coach Sue Sylvester in a dress and heels (Yep you heard me correctly SUE IS WEARING A DRESS AND HEELS)  also nobody was beating us up or threatning us maybe Blaine and I made progress and that made me really happy and well...loved.

I was over the food table eating some sausage rolls (Yes I adore Sausage rolls) when Blaine comes stroling over to me "You like them?"he asked with a chuckle in his voice.
"Dont judge me Blaine,"I tease.
"There's one last dance before Prom King and Queen and I haven't danced with you yet..."Blaine said softly.
I take Blaines hand and we walk to the dance floor starting to dance as Stand by Me starts to play I couldn't help but sing softly to Blaine as I twirl him around.

"When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
So darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me
If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
Or the mountains should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand now by me, stand by me, stand by me-e, yeah
And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh, stand now by me, stand by me, stand by me-e, yeah
Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me, oh now now stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me,"

As we finish dancing Blaine and my lips connect for a little while causing sparks going everywhere in my body,as we part it was time for Prom King and Queen I was hoping Finn and Rachel or Sam and Mercedes will get it as they're cute couples and deserve it.
Blaine and I hold hands as Coach Sylvester reads the results on stage "Prom King is...Dave Karofsky,"she said through the microphone. I clap amongst the others as he walks on stage and gets corrinated, Yes I know its Karofsky and he does make me want to vomit everywhere but im not making him ruin tonight so far its been like a fairytale nothing can ruin it. "And Prom Queen is..."she opens the envelope and stares at it weirdly at it "Hang on a minute..."She tells us. Principal Figgins walks on stage and looks at the paper Sue had in her hands and reads it "Kurt Hummel...Prom Queen is Kurt Hummel,"

I burst into tears as I ran out of the room no words can describe how I am feeling right now all I know is I am an idiot how could I of been so stupid. "Kurt..."I close my eyes for a second and open them again breathing shakingly as I turn to see Blaine standing there looking as if he's about to cry himself. "I am so sorry Kurt,"he ran over to me and wraps his arms around me as I carry on crying "I didn't know this will happen Kurt all I wanted was you to have the best time tonight but you didn't its all my fault,"I look up at Blaine shaking my head still crying "It wasnt you Blaine please don't say that its me...it always had been me every school dance I get beaten up and threatened because of me being different and I thought tonight would be different,"I start to heavily breathe as a lump grew in my throat,"I can't believe you went through that Kurt...I should of known I should of seen you didn't want to go but I didn't Ive let you down,"I could hear Blaine starting to cry himself. I cup his cheeks and let my tears carry on rolling down my face "You have Never let me down ever Dont you dare say that you are the best thing that has happened in my life,"I say honestly "I just never of felt so humiliated in my life,"I place my hand on my chest as I feel anxiety take over me and more tears stream down my face "...Oh my god...make it stop..."I sobbed.
"Kurt calm down..."Blaine said softly wrapping his arms around me and I feel my body relax as I hear and feel his heart beat. "Sssh I got you...like I promised Ill always hold you when you need me too...Follow my heartbeat,"Blaine gently hushes me and plants a soft kiss on my temple  as I slowly stopped crying and started to breathe steadily.

"I'm going back in,"I said looking up at Blaine as he still holds me in his arms "Do what you need to do Kurt,"he pecks me on the lips and I gently smile weakly. "No one can touch me...no one touch us,"I start "I am going back in their to get corinated and I'll show them what Kurt Hummel can do without sinking to the rock bottom,"Blaine squeezes my hand "and whatever happens im going to be okay...I will be okay!"
Blaine gently connects his lips to mine and we kiss for a minute or two "I love you Kurt Hummel,"Blaine tells me as he runs his fingers through my hair "and I love you...Blaine Anderson,"I replied.

Blaine and I walk back into the hall and I could see and feel all eyes stare at me as I make my every move I had two choices: Go home and cry let them get the best of me or Stabd up there and show courage...I'm going to go with option two. As I get corrinated I slowly walk over to the microphone and I see everyone still staring at me some with amusament and some with shock and heart break I even  can hear whispers "I feel so bad for him," I glance at Blaines ring on my finger and I smile as I knew what I was going to say "Eat Your Heart Out Kate Middleton,"I said with an encouraged smile. Everyone started to clap and cheer making me feel even more encouraged I take Karofskys hand and we walk to the dance floor "Im sorry,"I hear him whisper I slowly turn and give him a warm smile "I know it wasnt you and I forgive you...come out,"I replied with a whisper. Karofsky looks at everyone and shakes his head "Im sorry I can't..."and he ran out of the room as the music starts to play...crap...what am I going to do?I am going to look like an idiot! As Dancing Queen by Abba starts to play I see Blaine walk up to me with his hand out "Can I have this dance?"he asked. I take his hand proudly and smile "Of course," We start to dance on our own for a little while making everyone start to dance with us making me feel even more loved. Seeing Rachel and Finn dance together,  at Mercedes singing with Santana and at Blaine smiling at me with warmth I had to say I never felt so loved and lucky then to be with these people.