Chapter 18

-Chapter 18-

I was floating.

I don't know where, when or how. I just was. I felt that I was.

I also knew that I wasn't awake. I was in a state of unconsciousness, but I still felt what was happening to me. I could feel myself floating in air. But where..?

Slowly, as my senses returned I opened my eyes. But I still couldn't hear anything, nor could I see. I was floating in the midst of darkness.

I tried to move my arms, feet, anything so I could change my position but I couldn't move. I couldn't move a muscle.

Closing my eyes, I strained my ears in hopes of hearing something. Anything. But I couldn't. It was dead silent. It felt like all forms of life ceased to exit in this plane of time.

But I kept quiet. I didn't make a sound. Because, where life doesn't exist, exists something that doesn't live. Something evil. And I don't want to fall in it's awaiting clutches.

I opened my eyes once again when I felt a presence near me. I looked around as much as I could without moving, but I couldn't see a thing.

I felt a gust of wind pass through me which sent shivers down my body.

"Well well well, you are one smart little girl." I heard a voice which sent chills down my spine.

"I mean, you don't even know where you are, yet you make no move of finding out." The voice, deep and dark, said again.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance. As if I didn't already have enough problems that this had to show up.

"Who are you?" I gritted out.

"Ah," The man exclaimed, "The most awaited question. Who am I? Well, I think you already know the answer to that. Think, think and think."

"This is no time for games!" I hissed out, "Who are you? And why can't I move?!"

"Oh, sorry about that." The man chuckled, "Let me help you."

I felt a surge of power through me and then I felt...free. Before, I felt like my body was bound by chains, unable to move. But now I felt free, as if the chains had been snapped open giving me my freedom.

I gasped and took a deep breath as I could move again. I tried to balance my body in a standing position since there seems to be no solid ground in this place. Only air.

"Where are you?" I asked as I looked around once I was balanced and sure I wouldn't spin around in circles.

"I'm right here." The man said. I could literally hear the smile in his voice.

"And where's here?!" I asked irritated, as I looked around once again.

Off in the distance, I could see a ray of light coming towards me. As it got closer, I saw that it wasn't a light, but a man who seemed to be emitting that light. He was literally glowing. And he was.....wearing shades?

"Who are you? And why the heck are you wearing those shades in this darkness?" I asked giving him a -are-you-serious- look.

He chuckled, "Well, it's your fault."

"My fault?" I asked baffled.

"Yeah," He said, "Your light, it's very bright."

"My light?!" I exclaimed, "What the heck have you been smoking?"

"I assure you, I haven't been smoking anything." He chuckled once again, "It's the truth. Every single person in this universe has an aura around them. A light. It shows the kind of person one is. Your light shines brighter than anyone's I've ever seen before. You shine brighter than a thousand suns. Which is why I need these shades. So my eyes won't burn."