Chapter 32.

Chapter 32-
Recap-

"No," the man snapped, "They shouldn't. After everything they've done. Everything she's done. You promised me vengeance and I'm going to take it."

It happened in a second and I didn't even have time to process it. He took something from his back pocket and threw. I didn't even feel it when it hit me. I felt the blood first. Looking down, I saw a dagger, about 5 inches, deep in my abdomen. I clutched my stomach as the pain finally registered in my brain. My ears started ringing and my eyes blurred and before I fell, I faintly heard Josie scream.

And then I welcomed darkness like an old friend.

---

I groaned and woke to the sound of beeping.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I seem to be waking up a lot to that sound. It's very irritating.

Beep.

Gah. "Make it stop." I mumbled rubbing my forehead.

I heard a faint gasp and shuffling of feet before I felt someone sit beside me. "Corinna?" asked a small voice.

I fluttered my eyes open and shut them instantly at the blinding lights around me. "Lights... off please." I muttered, keeping a hand on my eyes.

The person got up from beside me and there was more shuffling before they sat back down. "Corinna baby?"

My eyes fluttered open and I blinked a couple times to get adjusted to the somewhat bright room. I turned my head and saw my mom sitting on the bed beside me, "Hi mom." I smiled, my voice a little hoarse.

"Hi baby." She said, her voice cracking and tears filling up in her eyes, "Hear drink this."

She picked the glass of water from the bedside table and brought it to my mouth and helped me raise my head with her other hand. I drank the water in quick and big gulps, finishing it off in a second.

I sighed, resting my head back against the pillow and wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my shirt. I turned my head towards mom again and gave her a small smile, "its okay, mom. I'm okay."

She shook her head, her palm pressed against her mouth to muffle her sob.

I took her other hand in mine and squeezed, "Mom, mom look at me. I'm okay. I'm here."

She nodded opening her eyes and looking at me with guilt and regret swimming in her eyes.

I moved to sit up and pain shot up my side. I hissed, clutching that part and pushed myself up in a sitting position. "Mom, come here." I pulled her in for a hug and squeezed tight. "Oh it's been so long since I hugged you. Feels really nice." I whispered against her shoulder.

"I know baby." She whispered, "And I'm sorry for that."

"You have nothing to be sorry about, mom." I said pulling away but still holding onto her, "It's not your fault."

She nodded, pulling me in again.

"What happened?" I asked, pulling away.

"Well, when Rhodey, or Alesandro brought you home unconscious and injured in his arms, we all thought he finally got to you. But then Josie explained what happened and that he had agreed to surrender. My god Corinna, I had never seen you so injured. You were on the brink of death and if they had brought you any later, then..." Her voice shook at the end, unable to finish that sentence.

"Mom, I'm okay now." I reassured her rubbing her arm comfortingly, "What happened next?"

"Well," She let out a laugh, wiping away her tears, "It was kind of hilarious to be honest. Havoc and Uma were furious seeing him. After we got you to the infirmary, Uma literally dragged him by his ear as they both took him upstairs into a room. They were locked in there for four hours. I was starting to get worried, honestly. And then they came out and we all sat down to talk to him. It was funny, seeing him squirming in his seat under everyone's gazes. Especially the alpha. He apologized for the deaths and agreed to whatever punishment we all seemed fit."