Chapter 9

-Chapter 9-

Yesterday was a big blur.

A lot happened. From having the best morning by waking up next to Colton to having the worst afternoon by getting the news after school. It was terrible, really.

I had received Kevin's call as I was leaving the schools premises. I left the others to go talk in private in an alley beside the school. There I received the news and punched a wall. Hard. It left my knuckles bruised and bloody. Colton found me leaning against the wall with my face buried in my very bloody hands. He saw that and got mad. But he knew not to question me because he saw the look on my face. I was furious, probably more than him, and I was crying.  He took me back to grandma's house, who was already waiting for me, and then left as per my wish. And then I went and locked myself in my room and came out the next morning. Well, late morning .

I did call my mom immediately after hanging up with Kevin. Because I had told her specifically not to bring my brothers along with them when they are coming.
But she told me that it's time to face them. I can't keep hiding from them forever. I mean, I know that, but I just can't.

Currently I'm in class, the last class before lunch. And I was hoping to see Colton, but he hadn't showed up yet, which deflated my mood even more. Suzan, who was ignoring me, was too looking at me curiously worried. I was sitting in the last seat in the left row. She was sat right next to me.

"Hey you okay?" She asked leaning in towards me.

"Oh, so now your talking to me?" I asked in a cold tone as I continued taking down the notes.

"Look, I'm just worried because you look terrible. Not terrible terrible, but still. You manage to pull off even that looking terrible look. It's just, you look really out of it and upset. You're usually so happy and not worried. I'm sure everyone who saw you is worried." She said shrugging with a worried look in her eyes.

I sighed rolling my eyes, still not looking her way, I mumbled, "I'm fine, Suzan. Just had a bad night."

"You sure?" She asked reaching forward to touch my arm.

I shot her a look as  I swatted her hand away, "I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

"Okay." She nodded before going back to her notes.

I sighed and looked at the clock hung above the white board. Three minutes left for class to finish. I picked my bag up from it's place on the floor and pushed my stuff inside. I once again looked at the time, but this time on my wrist watch. Ten seconds.

I got up just as the bell rung. I flung my bag over my shoulder and dashed out the door, Suzan hot on my trail. I went straight to my locker and put away the unnecessary stuff. I don't have the strength to stay anymore so I decided I'm leaving.

"What, Suzan?" I asked as I turned to the fidgeting girl stood next to me.

"Nothing," She replied clearing her throat,"I just wanted to apologize for snapping on you that day. It's just, I had a big fight with my friends and my best friend and we've been ignoring each other since. You bringing them up just saddened me more because, well, I had another fight with my best friend just before coming to you and I was mad."

"All is forgiven and forgotten," I said smiling softly at her.

"So, can I hug you? You know, considering we're friends again. And friends hug each other and stuff so.."She smiled cheekily and one look at my face gave her her answer,"So that's a no?"

"You know me so well Suzan," I said giving her a fake grin,"Almost makes me wanna give you a nickname."

"You have a nickname for me?" She beamed as she came forward to hug me.