SIXTY-SIX

a/n: beyoncé is the definition of sex appeal

KIMORA

The strobe lights were going to blind me from how long we've been sitting waiting for our turn.

I'm sure it was supposed to audition but, it was packed with people as if the place was already open for business. I was hoping Jaxon wasn't in the wave of people then again, he probably was. We've been here for about an hour. As each girl went up on the stage, I felt fired up to show off what I could do too. To be better than them. It was that eager side of me that always wanted to see a girl envious and I tried to fight it off but, I think I needed that side of me tonight.

I downed my ten shot of tequila. I wasn't a lightweight and I was waiting for the buzz to hit me. I didn't even fill tipsy.

"Kimora, you should slow down on the alcohol," Kamila said steadily.

I waved my hand dismissively. "I'm fine. Don't worry." Audrey slapped my hand from grabbing another shot from a waitress walking past. I pouted. "What was that for?"

"We all know you can handle all of those shots but, the alcohol will hit you later."

I sighed. "Fine."

Someone bumped into me and I felt myself wobble for a moment before I regained my balance. I guess the alcohol is hitting me slowly but, surely. I faced around to a familiar blue-eyed girl that I was sick of running into already.

"Sorry about that." Rain said, placing her hand on her hip with a smirk. "You were in my way."

I scoffed. "Even a bitch to a complete stranger that you bumped into."

Her eyebrows scrunched together before it clicked in her head. "Wow. Kimora. Didn't recognize you until I heard your voice." She took in my appearance. "Let me guess, Jaxon dumped you and you need a way to pay for things?"

I smirked. "You wish but, we are still together and my business is none of yours."

She clenched her jaw. "I hope you know everything he's done with you, he's done with me first. Firsts are always better than seconds."

For the first time, I was left speechless. I think this alcohol wasn't helping me think to my fullest.

"Uh... Kimora, who is this?" Audrey asked, mean-mugging her.

Rain spoke before I got the chance. "I'm Jaxon's ex-girlfriend, Rain."

Audrey's face morphed into confusion. "Jaxon had a girlfriend?"

"Apparently." I crossed my arms, glaring at her. "Too bad she doesn't take the hint to back the hell off."

Rain's face turn red and she scoffed. "Because I know Jaxon will get bored of you sooner or later so I'll be happy to come back into his life."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

With that, I walked off and I heard heels run up to catch up to me. Kamila frowned at me. "I don't like her."

"Neither do I." I quickly grabbed a drink from a tray before Kamila or Audrey could stop me. My hand was slightly shaking in anger as Rain's words repeated in my head. I know they weren't true but, there was that lingering doubt in my head.

"She's going to get herself drunk," Kamila said to Audrey as she shook her head disapprovingly.

Audrey shrugged. "She'll be fine as long as no jackass put something in the drinks, we should be fine."