THIRTY-SEVEN

JAXON

"Kitten, I'm back!" I said in sing-song as I entered the room, carrying a basket and my food I had made her. She was sitting up in the hospital, appeared to be lost in her thoughts. I know she heard me but, she didn't look at me.

"Where were you?" She asked.

I raised an eyebrow. "I had to make your food-"

"Don't lie to my face like that." Hurt obviously in her voice and I felt a pang in my chest.

Shit. She knows.

Walking over to the side of the bed, I placed down her food and sat down in the chair. She didn't look at me, only stared at the white blanket. I reached to touch her hand but, she moved her hand. "What if you got hurt?"

I pointed to the band-aid on my finger. "I was cooking and I cut my finger. No need to worry."

Her eyes finally met mine but, with a cold glare. "You really are taking this as a joke." She ran her fingers through her hair. "Estaba tan preocupada por ti. No sé qué haría si algo te pasara. (I was so worried about you. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you.) "

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused about what she was saying. She looked angry and stressed out so I'm assuming she was just pissed at me. She looked at my face and it must've hit her that I didn't understand hurt. "I wish you didn't act so irrational sometimes."

This time, I held her hand before she could pull it away. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you worry. I just felt the need to find out who did this to you."

"You should've talked to me before you did."

"So you convince me to stay?"

She rolled her eyes, tugging her hands away from me. "What did you bring?"

I frowned for a second but, sighed. "Food and Maddy was out in the hall and asked for me to give this 'get well soon' basket." I pouted at the blue basket wrapped with clear plastic and a bunch of candy and flowers inside. Kimora inhaled sharply before spacing out.

"You okay?" I asked cautiously, standing up from the chair. "Do I need to get the doctor?"

She shook her head but, she still looked distraught. "N-No. Sit down. You did enough today."

I hesitantly did as she said and sat back down. "Do you need anything?"

"No, I'm okay." She draped her legs off the side of the bed. She took a deep breath as her face morphed to pain. I went to reach to help her but, she put her hands up to stop me before I could. She grabbed the food I made for her, picking at the stew. "I never knew you actually cooked at home."

"I live alone. I gotta know how." I shrugged. She narrowed her eyes at me. "You hardly even have groceries in your house. You probably took takeout and put it in this container."

I rolled my eyes and she started eating her food and then widen her eyes. "This is actually good!"

"Thank you- wait. What is that supposed to mean?"

"I thought that I would have to be sent to the emergency room again." That made me laugh. She really had jokes today. I know I'm an amazing cook. Plenty of people have told me. I just don't do often as one would anticipate.