The Delinquents⚔️ Chapter 9

Nathan's POV:

How can this be true? Even he admitted that Im probably the only person in this region to use celestial magic. This must have been one of his silly jokes that he's trying to pull. I just really can't tell.

"He passed away when I was 7." He had spoke up.

Okay. I'm taking the risk of actually believing him. I hope that he is serious right now and isn't saying this just to fool around.

"Aaron...please tell me more."

He looked at me, his cascade eyes sparkling as the moon shone in them. For the first time since I've met him, he showed a genuine smile.

"Of course."

I turned my head to avoid making the situation more awkward. He then started up again.

"Oh and Nathan..."

"Hm, what?"

"You left your keys back there." He says as he hands me my golden keys.

I felt my body sink. Tears had welt in my eyes again.

"Wha- why are you crying?" He asks frantically as he tries to comfort me.

"My dumbass nearly left my spirits behind!!"

I could already imagine how mad Scorpio and Leo would be when they found out.

"Just for that, you'll have to go on a date with me." Is what Leo would say.

Scorpio would probably say something along the lines of, "Since you left me on the ground, let me use you as a target to practice my magic."

I sat there sobbing like a mad man as Aaron tried his best to comfort me.
___________________________________

*Time skip to the month of September, nearly one month after Nathan had first started attending the academy*

*It was the afternoon of September 14th. Nathan was walking out of the school building accompanied by Andrea and Zak*

Nathan's POV:

The weather outside was amazing for a fall day. The cherry blossoms surrounding the court yard of the academy were still bloomed with their bright pink blossoms. The ambient noises coming from the fountain at the center of the quad only enhanced this scene.

"I cant wait to go home and eat." I said while yawning.

"Speaking of eating, my mom texted me earlier and said we're having take out!" Andrea peeped as she continued to scroll through her phone.

"Lucky, im probably going to have to eat left overs or cook since my siblings are lazy." Zak chimes in.

Huh? Something feels off. I can't quite put my finger on it but it almost feels like something bad is going to happen. Before I could mention it to the others, I feel a cold splash of water hit my back.

"WHAT THE HECK!!" Andrea shrieked as she shivered.

I look over angrily to see a group of guys. I recognized them. It was a group of guys at my school who were known as the delinquents. They were the bullies of our grade level.

They snickered as we glared at them. I could feel Zak's fist ignite with his flames.

"Don't" I mutter.