Chapter Nine: I Saw Him Kissing Another Woman

I can't believe I actually did that. I spoke real fucking words and now he knows my secret. I've already done too much. He's the first one to break the silence. He grabs ahold of my elbow and yanks me into MY room and shuts the door.

"I swear I'm not wasted but I fucking heard you talk. Actual words." His eyes look tired. Almost like he got no sleep which is probably true.

I make him sit down on my bed and I start to pace because I fucking messed up. Big time. I was told not to talk anyone. If anyone knew what happened to me, my life wouldn't be the same.

"Look, im not supposed to talk and I don't fucking know why I talk to you. You make me feel a certain way in which I'm comfortable enough to talk to you." I tell him all in one big breath.

He looks at me as if I told him that he just failed his math quiz.

"Wait hold up... I am the one that makes you want to talk. Like actual words." He's sitting on my bed like I am telling him a funny story. Well, except not so funny. Then he starts laughing.

I hurry up and cover his mouth . If anyone were to hear him they would definitely suspect something. Muffled voices are coming from his mouth and so I roll my eyes and uncover my hand from his mouth.

"Remember just friends" I remind him. He nods his head in agreement and says "yes mom". I swear to god he's a fucking child. But it doesn't stop me from smiling.

"Nevaeh honey, can you help set the table?" Aunt Jade calls from up the stairs. My eyes go big. All these thoughts are going through my mind. What if she finds out Bryer has been in my room? Let alone together!

I hurry around to my mirror and fix my hair making sure all the curls are in place.

"You look beautiful." Bryer calls out from behind me. If things hadn't happened in the past I would have actually smiled at his comment. But instead I whip around and say " Friends. Just friends." When is he going to get that through his head.

" Yeah sure...whatever you say." He says with a smirk.

              •.                     •.                 •.         

Aunt Jade is one of those cooks where everyone falls in love with. She could even make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich the best you ever had. Tonight she's making country fried steak, mac & cheese casserole with green beans. All the guys have went home except one. Bryer. This isn't normal but as I hear Bryer's voice coming closer and closer, my heart starts to race faster.

Aunt Jade gasps from behind me. "Oh Bryer honey, why don't you stay for dinner. I insist. We quickly make eye contact  and I quickly glance away before anyone notices.

"Oh no, I don— " He starts to say.

"Bryer you heard the woman. We all know you're hungry". Uncle Matt says.

"Okay, I'll stay." We all smile like it's the best thing. The only problem is mine and Bryers smile is fake.

Reese comes down five minutes later and joins us. Thank god because that would've been a hell of an awkward dinner.

"Honey, what have you been doing?" And me and her are wondering the same thing.

"I um— had to finish my notes on our football game this Friday." He calls out except he doesn't look at them while talking. Which means he's hiding something and I'm going to find out what. And the weirdest thing is he isn't looking at Uncle Matt.

10 minutes later everyone is about finished. Reese's face has gone from trouble pissed off. I gave him a troubling work as to say what is it?But he just shakes his head.

My phone buzzes and it's a text from Reese.

I know a secret that no one else does

What is it?

It's about Uncle Matt. Oh god, I hope he's okay. How bad could this secret be?

I saw him kissing another woman

I slowly lift my head up and all of a sudden i feel dizzy and sick.

"Nevaeh, honey are you alright dear?" I stare back at they're worried faces and each one is different. Aunt Jade is looking worried out of her mind, Uncle Matt is looking at me and the only thing I can think is how fake. How fucking fake. Bryer is about to stand up and I know he wants to know what's wrong. But he can't because of Reese. Reese rushes over and grabs ahold of me and takes me out to the back porch.

He yells " We'll be back." Just as we get outside I threw up all over the grass. This is just another kind of pain I cannot go through. Again.

"Is everything okay?" Me and Reese turn around and it's Bryer standing against the doorframe. Once he sees me, he begins to rush over but Reese stops him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He says all up in Bryers face.

"Dude are you mental? She's puking and you're not doing anything to help her."

"Yeah well neither are you." Reese snaps back.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" There are nights when you are outside and it's so quiet that you start to think what happened to everyone. Yeah this is one of those nights.

"I think you know." He says to him. Kinda funny to look at because Bryer over towers Reese just a little bit because he is about 3 inches taller than him.

"Well I obviously fucking don't so why don't you tell me."

I fuck everything up. Things were probably going great until I got here. I'm the one who made Reese and Bryer start arguing with each other in the first place.

"Maybe you shouldn't waste you're time flirting with a girl who will never be yours when you're still fucking your actual girlfriend."

The night becomes dead. I'm so pissed at myself because I did this to myself. And to let it all out I throw up again. This time I cry while doing it. And the tears don't stop.