"Fuck that Dave! We need to go get my friend."

"So what you gone do with that? Huh!" I countered. My voice getting louder than I intended. She was intimidated, which I never wanted her to be with me. But she wasn't thinking. Her eyes wandered, but she stood her ground.

"I'm gonna shoot him."

"Shoot him then what? You ain't no killer Aria."

"I ki-.."

"Quit bringing that shit up! You ain't no killer Aria. And don't tell nobody that shit. I ain't tryna' turn you into something you're not."

"What the fuck? You were cool with it when I saved your fucking life!" She said using all her weight to push my chest.

I didn't move, pissing her off even more.

"How would you feel if somebody put their hands on your friend!"

"I don't have friends" I smirked. Her eyes winced as she pulled her hand back.

I caught it before it could make contact with my face. I squeezed her wrist before shoving it back to her. Causing her to lose balance and almost fall.

"Aria, I love your stupid ass.  But don't put your fucking hands on me." I said not even realizing that I admitted I was in love with her.

"If you loved me, you would help." She said walking out of the room.

Then I realized, she never said it back.

                                      • • • •
Aria
"Where am I taking you?" Dave asked. I looked back to see Kiya with her head held down. She had cuts on her face and a swollen black eye.

He was a bitch for this. But Dave gave him his. Beat his ass and told him to be in early for work tomorrow.

I squeezed my thighs together just thinking it.

I know he feels some type of way about me not saying 'I love him' back. I love Dave, I truly do. But love has never gotten me anywhere. Love has never found me before. Love has never stayed. I feel if I admit to Dave that I love him, what we have will disappear. He will disappear. Just like everyone else did that I loved. My aunt disappeared. My mom disappeared. My dad disappeared. Love has never brought me any joy.

Which is why I never loved the guys I messed with. It was strictly business to me. Yea, I may have liked some more than others, maybe even cared for them. But I never loved them. And they never loved me. We loved what we could do for each other.

"I'm actually kinda hungry..." Kiya mumbled.

"So you want me to drop you off at this McDonalds?"

"Dave" I scolded. He turned to me with an unreadable look on his face, before getting onto the freeway.

                                     • • • •
We all ate in silence. We settled on Katura's, a steakhouse that everyone seemed to love.

I watched as Kiya ate like she hasn't eat in days. I winced as her fork scratched against the glass plate over and over. The look of irritation was evident on Dave's face. People around us started to stare as well.

"Excuse me." Dave said to the waitress.

"Can we get her a plastic fork please."

"Right away sir." The waitress practically ran toward the kitchen.

Makiya sat her fork down on the table, slightly embarrassed, waiting for the waitress to return.

I gripped her hand, giving her a small smile. She slightly returned one before hanging her head down again.

I pulled out my phone to text Dave.

I watched as he read my message, then tucked his phone back into his jeans

I rolled my eyes and continued eating my steak.

Makiya's phone rang.

"I'm gonna, um, use the restroom." She said as she sped walked out of the restaurant.

"So you just gonna ignore me?" I said dropping my fork. He sighed, looking up from his plate.

"I'm 29 years old Aria. I ain't got time for the games."

"I'm not on games." I placed my hand on top of his. He snatched his hand from mine and ate his food.

"Dave, I love you, and I am in love with you, I'm just scared."

"Of what?" He asked. I just looked into his eyes. He was hurt but mostly frustrated. I just couldn't bring myself to answer his question. He began laughing.

"What? You here for the money? The clout? What the fuck you want from me!" He yelled banging his fist onto the table. Tables around us began looking toward us. And at this point, I had tears running down my face.

"None of that Dave." I mumbled. He sighed.

"I don't want you to leave." I said.

"I'm afraid if I love you, you'll leave. Everyone else did." He stared at me with remorse. This is exactly what I didn't want, pity.

"I'm not gonna leave you Aria. What did I tell you when I gave you this ring?" He tugged at my promise ring.

I looked down at how the gorgeous diamonds danced against the lights of the restauraunt. 

"Huh?" He asked again.

"I promise to love and do right by you as long as I have breath in me. Just ride for nigga, I'll give you the world." I couldn't help but smile. He smiled back, bringing my hand up to his mouth, placing a kiss on my knuckle.

"And I meant it big head."

"I love you stinky." I said, plucking his nose.

"I love you more babygirl."

As if one cue, Makiya came back to her seat.

"Can you um, take me back to Chez house?" Dave and I looked toward each other.