NINETEEN

I left his house. He won't tell me anything about my father and the relationship he had with his mother. There was more. Perhaps it had something to do with their deaths.

I start to drive away from his house and stop my car across the street. He lives in the middle of nowhere, I enter my address to my GPS. I haven't told Eli but I need to tell him as soon as I go home.

*Incoming call: Eli*

"What?" 

"Jade, where are you at?" He asks as I hear a giggle on the other end.

"Driving home. I'll be there soon and I expect you home."

"Oh. I'm home but can you take a pit stop somewhere? I'm kind of busy." He says as I scoff.

"No, you manwhore. I'm coming home we need to talk about dad." I say as he sighs in annoyance.

"Don't keep me waiting!" His playtoy loudly says.

"Fine. I'll run to the pharmacy and grab some cream for that rash you have on your ass." I loudly say.

"You bitc-" He whispers before I hang up.

I hope she leaves. This is really important and he needs to stop sleeping with every girl for Stella's sake.

***

"Eli!" I yell as I burst open the door.

"Figured you'd do that." He says as he comes from the kitchen.

"Where's the girl?" I ask.

"She left after your little comment. She said something about some girl Alyssa in your school spreading an STD." He says with a shrug as I laugh.

"I need the keys to dad's office, Eli." I say as his head shoots up quickly.

"Why?"

"I need something from there but first you have to sit down. There is something I need to tell you." I say as he surprisingly obeys and sits. I awkwardly press my palms together. How do I tell him?

"Well, Spit it out!" He yells impatiently.

"Dad had an affair!" I blurt. Eli looks down and bits his bottom lip nervously.

"What do you know, Eli?" I ask suspiciously.

"I knew. Mom told me and made me promise not to utter a word to anyone." He says quietly.

"And you failed to mention this to me, Why?" I ask angrily as I stood.

"Because it didn't matter, Jade!" He yells. I sit back down beside him and put my head into my hands.

"There's more." I whisper.

"what?" 

"He had an affair with Jasper's mother." I say as I watch Eli's face go through many shocked emotions.

"I'll get the keys." He says quietly as he runs up to his room.