Chapter 34. White terror

Start from the beginning

I peeked in his phone and he gave me a stinky eye. I scowled at him and he moved the screen towards me. Finally, I would get to see what made him laugh so hard that his eyes almost teared up.

"You jerk!" I yelled and snatched his phone away. He had recorded that earlier incident and was watching it on repeat. Argh! I pressed the delete button but before I could confirm it, he grabbed his phone and pushed me back. How dare he? He put his phone in his jacket's pocket and grinned.

I kicked his chair and he kicked me back. I slapped him, no, I tried to slap him but he caught my arm and pulled me out of the chair. I landed on the floor facefront and he pinned me there with his right knee on my back.

"What happened? Can't move?" he mocked. I flailed my limbs like a penguin but couldn't move him off my back. He kept teasing me and when I couldn't bear enough, I called up Rajeev.

Rajeev appeared and shook his head at us. He told Ved to get off me and Ved gladly obeyed but he didn't forget to smack behind my head as he got up.

"Loser," Ved commented and sat back on his chair.

I got up and moved to hit to him but Rajeev grabbed my arm and told me to get my bag. He informed all the work was done and we could leave for lunch.

Hurray! Finally!

I put all my belongings in my bag and rushed out of the gym. I waited for him on the stairs while he locked it down. Ved also came out and I stood a few feet away from him. Terry was playing on his shoulders and I narrowed my eyes at him. He turned towards me and I looked away.

Who knows if he would jump at me or not? It was better to keep some distance. I didn't hate animals but I didn't like mice also. Heck, I wasn't even afraid of cockroaches. But mice? They scared the shit out of me even if they didn't move.

Rajeev locked the gym and we made our way downstairs. Ved tried to scare me but I wasn't going to fall for it again. Terry was just a tiny mouse. He could fit in my palm. I shouldn't be afraid of him.

I got in Rajeev's car and frowned when Ved also got in. He made himself comfortable on the back seat and started playing with Terry.

"He is coming with us?" I asked Rajeev as he took the driver's seat. He nodded his head and I didn't say anything else. There was no use of complaining. He treated us equally so I couldn't throw a tantrum. My stomach growled and Rajeev chuckled.

"We will get to the restaurant in a flash," he said and started the car.

Throughout the ride, Ved kept blabbering nonsense about how they won three basketball matches in one week and would be attending one after exams. I decided to keep out of the conversation since I had very little knowledge about basketball. Also, if I said something to tick Ved off, Terry was there to take revenge.

After ten minutes of ride, we reached the restaurant and got out of the car. Rajeev went to park his car while Ved and I waited for him. I was mesmerized by the magnificent view in front of me. The hotel was so huge! And beautiful.

My neck started straining when I kept looking at the expensive cars which kept coming and coming. Ved told me to close my mouth as I was gawking at those beautiful vehicles. I ignored him but did close my jaw.

Rajeev soon came and we started walking towards the entrance. As we were walking, I wondered how was Ved going to sneak Terry inside. There was no way they would allow a mouse in there.

"Look, Terry. It's your favourite place," Ved said and Terry squeaked.

He understood what Ved said?! How? And what favourite place?