Mediumship

«Mediumship»
*Chapter 15*

Aaliyah

Mediumship is the practice of purportedly mediating communication between spirits of the dead and living human beings. Practitioners are known as "mediums." There are different types of mediumship, including spirit channeling and ouija , according to Wikipedia , but I think Bast has a different view of Mediumship.

I am one of the first recreations in wakanda history to have the ability to talk to the dead and still be in the living world. Now that I think about it , I can see why Bast kept letting me talk to the dead without even being in the ancestral plane. It's kind of amazing but now I have to control 2 different abilities.

I sat down in the living room of my apartment. I have yet to tell my mom or anybody else that I developed a new ability , only person that knows something happened to me was Erik but he couldn't map out exactly what was going on with me.

I looked up to stare at the floral color paint on the wall before closing my eyes and letting my new ability run through me.

I looked around seeing i was in that familiar black place before I spotted Erik with a another girl, I walked closer to get a better look and realize the girl was pregnant.

The girl had golden brushed wand curls going down her back with her skin being a rich brown color and she had on leggings while laying on a bed with Erik and her shirt was up revealing her huge belly.

Erik was rubbing her stomach while kissing her forehead. I felt a presence behind me, Bast. I wanted to shed a tear at the sight.

Erik hair was braided back and he had on a long black sweater with no shirt and black pants next to the girl.

Bast touched my shoulder and looked at, before wiping the small tear on my cheek and hugged me.

"Why would you show me that?" , I asked having anger now emerging over me. She pulled away from the hug and touched my shoulder before disappearing.

"AALIYAH!" , I heard A'Esha call me in a panic tone.

I didn't realize that my emotions would present with the new ability. When I opened my eyes, I was not only levitating, but also my body was radiating with fire.

I calmed down before I told A'Esha I was fine and walked to room only to try it again.

It wasn't working, great.

Something in me told me I knew the girl but I didn't know her. She looked extremely familiar.

My phone started ringing and I looked at the caller ID only for it to say Erik.

"The fuck this nigga want" i mumbled under my breath.

I declined the call, only for him to call back again.

"Aaliyah be careful, you are now very careful , learn to control yourself." Bast state's sitting on my couch.

My eyes widen. She does not leave her plane whatsoever.

"They can't see me, only you. Nobody can see me outside of my plane, expect you. You have great power now Aaliyah. You have to learn to control them... or they will control you." She stated standing up letting her dress hit the carpet. She stood tall in front of me and put both my arms out in a T stance. "Close your eyes. Picture your grandmother and then picture her back in the real world"

I did as she told and there my grandmother was, in my living room.

"Nobody can see her, but you. You can do this at any time. When you have mastered this.. I will back to teach you how to control your powers more. Be careful Aaliyah, with great power comes great responsibility." Bast stayed before vanishing.

My grandmother came over and grabbed my hand softly before smiling and kissed my cheek before leaving as well.

A knock; more of a bang, on the door caught my attention and I rolled my eyes knowing exactly who it was.

I guess when I'm in between worlds time moves faster because when I seen my phone I had over 30 missed calls from Erik , over 40 messages threatening that if I had nigga over here that's my ass and his and more shit.

I opened the door and he barged in going straight to my room. "Where he at Aaliyah?" , he stated in a strained voice like he was holding in his anger.

I rolled my eyes again before going back to meditating. I find myself rolling my eyes more and more. It wasn't only because of the fact that I'm irritated but also because of the fact that this nigga deadass got a bitch pregnant and think shit is sweet.

"Aaliyah, now you don't hear me talking to you?" He said as if he was in front of me. I opened my eyes and surely enough he was in front of me. I looked at him with visible anger and irritation presented on my face. "You scare the living shit out of me, don't talk to me for over a week after saying you got another power and now you sitting here with this dumb ass look on your face, and you don't know how to answer the phone. What's up with that?" He was speaking to me as if I had to obey him when in reality im supposed to kill him.

"First off, you are not my father-" I was cut off by a hand wrapped around my neck and my back against the carpet.

He tightened his hand a bit before saying, "you right, im not your father but I was worried about your stupid ass and this is how you treat me." He let go and lifted up from the ground.

My hand instantly went to the burning sensation around my neck and anger took over. "Bitch-" cut off again.

"Watch that bitch word. Do you know how lucky you are to even understand that I care about you." He scolded me as if I'm a 4 year old that just stole a cookie.

Where the fuck is A'Esha?

"IM LUCKY? I'm lucky to get be with the person who is really supposed to kill me and I'm supposed to kill them the same person who works with a man that has tried to kill me multiple times, the same person who has a fucking girlfriend! I won the fucking lottery didn't I?" I basically yelled and I could feel my body on fire.

"Calm down Aaliyah , do not let your powers control you." I could hear Bast voice but it was muffled a bit.

"You are not white, the fuck you talking like that for?" He said. He huffed before telling me to calm down, "I don't know how to properly worry about people, Different scenarios ran through my head when you weren't answering my calls for like a week. I'm just sorry." He said.

"Is Linda pregnant?" I asked after calming down a bit.

"You are bipolar, but nah she ain't pregnant." He said with a bit of disgust presented on his face at the end of his sentence.

That made me giggle a bit before reality kicked in.

I'm late on my period.... the girl was me.

This is really late , i know I'm so sorry ! im trying to update I bit more , and this is super short.... sorrrryyy . I hope y'all enjoy though .