Both of their faces drop.

"Oh my god you're kidding." They both gasp.

"Your poor family. You guys just can't catch a break." Steve says gravely.

"It's literally just one thing after the other." Peggy nods sumpathetically in agreeement.

You nod too. "Tell me about it."

"Is there anything we can do to help? Work can wait right now. I don't need to be there all the time." Peggy asks.

"Oh I feel so bad, but depending on when Bucky gets back I may need you to pick up Isla and Theo for me?" You ask sheepishly.

"Don't even sweat it I'll pick them up anyway. You just need to focus on what's going on here." Peggy smiles and rubs your shoulder.

Mild relief washes over you that at least something is sorted out today. "Thanks." You sigh.

Steve tentatively walks over to Theo's crib and looks over at him. he tries to mask his shock but you see his eyes go wide anyway. You follow him over and start to cry all over again when you look at your son for the first time in a while.

He looks so frail and weak, splayed out with all the tubes and wires connected to him, the veins in his forehead apparent.

You see as a wet stain dampens the white sheets he lays on as your tears fall. Peggyappears on the other side of the bed, her hands gripping the edge.

"Can I- c-can I touch him?" She asks choked up.

You sniffle and nod. "Feel how cold he is."

She strokes a tentative finger across his cheek and gasps. "Oh my word poor little boy. Barely even two weeks old and he's going through all this."

You nod and of course we'll up again.

Peggy sees it and pouts, rushing over to hug you again. "Oh I'm sorry."

You just try hold it together.

"You must be sick of the hospital by now. It feels like you live here." She adds.

"I just want to go home." You whimper.

"You'll be there soon." Steve sighs and rubs your back. "He'll get home eventually, I know it."

"Tha-" you start but are cut off.

"Sorry to interrupt you guys but there's a phone call from sergeant Barnes for you Mrs Barnes." Guenivere pops her head in the door.

For the first time all day a feeling of warmth washes over you. He hasn't been gone log but in a time like this you miss Bucky so much. All you want is for him to hold you.

But as much as you want to take the phone call you can't help but look back, tied to Blues crib.

"Go." Peggy smiles. "We've got him."

You smile thankfully and follow the receptionist, praying that Bucky has good news. She points you to the phone and you hesitate to pick it up. How much more bad news could you handle today?