Chapter Four

Paul took his head out of his knees as he heard the door open slowly. He was not happy when of all people, John Lennon walked through the doorway.

     "Hey Paul..." He started to say but Paul cut him off.

     "Get out of my way." Paul stood up and shoved John to the side as he walked out of the doorway, going back to his room.

    John didn't get it. He just came back to apologize to Paul. He wanted to say that it would never happen again and John would be fine with it. However, John knew that was a lie. John wanted Paul. But, if it meant that it would ruin their friendship for good, he would have to deal with it.

     He gave Paul a few minutes to get back to his room, so they wouldn't run into and make things more awkward. John laughed. What was he thinking? Things were already as awkward as they could possibly be.

*

   The next day went by in a blur for John. He drank, talked to Stu, and even played with his guitar to try to get his mind off of Paul. It didn't work. And John knew it would just be harder when tonight, when they were on stage. John had to stand behind Paul and even sing in the same mic with him.

     And when that moment on stage came, John knew he was right. He stood behind Paul studying his features. His perfect brown hair that turned auburn in the stage lights, the way he tapped his foot perfectly to the beat of the music, and the way he had so much confidence when he spoke to the audience.

     So when the time came to sing into the same mic, John was smitten. He looked into Paul's big hazel eyes and got lost. He couldn't believe how someone looked that gorgeous up on stage.

     He was snapped out of his thoughts when he leaned back from the microphone and heard Paul whisper something into his ear.

     "Stop staring at me."

     Paul went back to singing and smiling as John sighed quietly.

*

   After the show, Stu went up to John expecting him to have some drinks (more like ten) with him. John seemed pretty occupied during the show so he assumed he would at least want to have one drink with him.

     When Stuart asked John he shook his head and said, "Not tonight, I have to do something and went up the stairs.

     Stu wondered why John was acting so weird.

     Meanwhile, Paul sat in his room trying to sleep. But his brain told him it was useless when Stu and John would come in the middle of the night leaving Paul to babysit John.

     Paul could not deal with John. He would refuse. So, why not get sleep? He thought. He closed his eyes but opened them right back up as he heard a knock on his door.

     Was John this drunk, this early?

    He got up off of the bed to open the door. He couldn't wait to see the look on Stu's face when he turned him down.

   He opened the door and saw not Stu, but only John standing there for the second time today.

    "We need to talk."

A/n: Short, I know. Might just go out on a limb and post twenty chapters at once because I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all I'm writing. And y'all know that this is pre-written, so yeah.