Chapter 3 - Pancake Dinners (smut)

WARNING: Smut ahead. *pulls train horn*

_______

I walked into the Curtis residence drenched, shaking my hair and stripping my shoes off quickly. Dally had given me his jacket and against my better judgment, I had taken it, using it over my head to try to shield myself from the rain.

I heard some banging around in the kitchen and heard mumbling when Pony poked his head out, looking over at me and smiling. "Hey, Vee." He said. "Guess you got caught in the storm, huh?"

"Gee, you think?" I said sarcastically, smiling back. Soda walked out from around him, beaming at me.

"Hey! Guess what I'm doing?" He paused as he noticed how wet I was. "Damn, I should've lent you an umbrella yesterday." He said, starting to take the jacket from me so I could try to get dry.

"Is that Dal's jacket?" Pony asked, making me want to swear. So much for hoping that could get by unnoticed. Soda held it in his hands and stared down at it, probably now noticing it definitely was not my size or something that belonged in my wardrobe.

"Yeah, I bumped into him on the way here and he lent it to me because of the rain." I said, taking it from him and slumping it over their chair carelessly. "What are you doing?" I asked, smiling up at him and hoping this would be ignored.

"Making pancakes!" Pony answered for him. "For lunch, I guess. Or dinner. Or like a lunch dinner." He said, starting to ramble.

"Hey, Pony can you go make sure they're not burning?" Soda says, not looking his way. Pony gets up and shuffles into the kitchen, leaving us alone. "You okay?" He asks, putting his hand on my arm.

"Yeah, course. Why wouldn't I be?" I push a strand of wet hair behind my ear and fight the urge to shiver, the smell of pancake wafting into the air.

Soda shrugs. "Thought you was mad at Dally. Wanted to make sure he didn't give you any trouble." He leans against the door frame, looking at me softly, lacing his fingers with mine.

I shake my head, smiling a little. "You don't have to worry about Dally bothering me, at least not anymore I don't think. I told him I didn't want anything to do with him." Though that whole thing hadn't gone too great.

"You told him that and you didn't have a problem?" He asks me in disbelief. "The guys a walking time bomb, I'm surprised he didn't cause a big deal."

"He didn't." I say quickly. "I mean, not really. He thought you told me not to talk to him anymore but I let him know it was all me."

Soda nodded. "Well, sod him then. Come on, you hungry?"

And I was, but my stomach felt like it was in knots for some reason.
______

I had dried off and was sitting on the couch, Soda's arm thrown around me and Pony sleeping in the other chair when Darryl came home. He looked over at us and rolled his eyes. "Was Pony stuck with you two lovebirds all day?" He joked.

"Just about." Soda said, grinning. "I made pancakes. I can make you some if you didn't eat yet."

I looked at him and smiled, loving how he took care of his brothers. I was an only child, and only anything really, I had a family but for whatever reason they acted most of the time like they didn't have me. I think I disappoint them. They like to pretend I didn't happen more often than not.

I blanked out while the two brothers talked about their day, catching up with each other. They were talking about repairs around the house and other mindless things but I couldn't focus as I stared off into the TV screen, thinking about Dally.