Chap. 5

Dedicated to @-Constance-

Chapter 5

“Hey Andy!” some girl with shiny blonde hair and a skimpy skirt walk up to me. That probably sounds like I hate blondes. I don't hate blondes, not all of them, I like Mel. She's blonde. I especially like male blondes. It's the females that cause problems. The thing is, I knew exactly what this girl wanted the second I saw her.

“Hi.” I mumbled in a monotone voice. I know this girl. She used to work at the mini golf place. So, knowing I'll be with Xander, she asks me to hang out every Saturday.

“So, I was wondering if you wanted to come over and hang out Saturday? Watch a movie, read a magazine, you know, the usual.”

“Actually...” I trailed off while adressing her. What's her name again? Oh god. I can't remember. Oh yea. “Christine. I have plans on Saturday.”

“Oh.” She faked disappointment. “With Xander?”

“Yup.” I replied, popping the 'p'

“He could come too.”

“I don't think we're gonna make it. Sorry.” Then I walked away. She had me cornered in the lunch line. Normally she gets me in English, because Xander's not in that class, but today she decided on the lunch line, most likely because Xander had to stay late and talk to Mr. Carl about how to get his science grade up, other than answering every single question. So I was alone. For now.

I sat down at our usual lunch table. It's usually me, Xander, James, Connor and Cole, Ryan, Madison, and Mel. Except James is on vacation, and Ryan hasn't arrived at the table yet. So it was just the twins, Maddie, and Mel. When I sat down, a second later Mel stood up. “I'm gonna go sit with Carly.” that was all she said. She must still be mad at me. Great. That's just fantastic. I didn't talk to the guys or Maddie. Any other day, I would've been the first to strike up a conversation, but today I was in a terrible mood, thanks to Mel. I hate it when people are mad at me.

“Hey guys.” Xander greeted everyone as he finally sat down at the table, 10 minutes late. He stared at me for a couple minutes while eating french fries before he smiled like a little kid who just finished a putting a puzzle together. “So who's mad at you?” he prompted quiet enough so only I could hear him.

I turned to look at him. He looked concerned. “It's Mel.” His concern quickly turned into anger. He doesn't like Mel, but he's not the type of person to be happy because of the potential of this turning into a friendship ending fight or anything. He just gets really mad at her. Which is just as bad sometimes. I'm not sure why he doesn't like her, but he doesn't. I think something might have happened, but I don't plan on pushing either of them far enough to find out. If they want me to know, they'll tell me.

“What'd she do?”

“More like what did I do?”

“Oh. I see. She's mad at you for some unknown reason which is getting you upset.”

“Exactly”

“Well, I'm sure you'll work it out. And if not, then I'll see to it that you never have to deal with her again.” That made me smile. Which seemed to satisfy Xander, because he went back to eating his lunch. For the rest of lunch, we both just messed around with our friends.

Normally, I'm the only one waiting on the bleachers during practice. Everyone else who waits for practice to be over to get a ride, stays in the lobby. Why wouldn't they? There's super comfy lounge chairs, board games, and a mini fridge. Well, the mini fridge only has water in it, but it's still cool. So when I saw him sitting there, I was curious. He had perfect blonde hair, and he was hot. Now, being hot is great, but there are other guys in this school who are hot, no one in this school has perfect blonde hair. If he moved here or something I was gonna have to charm him, and fast. Every girl in school would jump at the chance to be with a blonde guy, and a good looking one at that. So, I decided to go for it.