Chap. 21

(Chapter 21)

"Xander's waiting for you downstairs." Asher told me as he barged into my room and plopped down on my bed.

"Me?" I asked, I 'm pretty sure Xander never wants to talk to me again. He's not here for me. He was probably just having breakfast with my mom and Asher was confused.

"No." he deadpanned. I knew he wasn't here for me. I came to that conclusion when I saw his truck in my driveway through the hallway window earlier. "The queen of Sheba. Of course you. He says you have 10 minutes before he leaves without you."

"Wait, so he is here for me?" I ask confused.

"Yea. Just like every other Saturday morning." Asher says annoyed.

"You know you're not very nice." I tell him.

"And you're gonna be late." He smirks at me and I roll my eyes as I walk into my closet.

16 minutes later I walk down the stairs fully dressed in a pair of light wash skinny jeans, a gray and pink tribal long sleeve shirt and a messy fishtail. And of course, my gray converse.

I walk into the kitchen to find Xander and my mom in the kitchen.

"She's 4 minutes early." My mother says to Xander, grinning like a mad woman.

"Actually, I'm 6 minutes late." I respond, with more sass than intended.

"Actually, I knew you'd be late, so I told asher to tell you 10 minutes instead of 20." Xander sasses back. What's his problem? Oh yea, me.

"Why are you even taking me? I assumed you hated me." I sassed, again.

According to the hurt look on his face, he was offended. "Tradition is tradition Andy. Whether you're acting like a stuck up brat or not." Well that was like a slap to the face.

"I am not a stuck up brat!" I exclaim.

He shakes his head and laughs. Except it's not his laugh, it's sad and dissapointed, and honestly it breaks my heart. "No you're not. So why are you acting like one?" With that he walked out of the kitchen. I heard the front door close, and then very distantly a car door shut. But no car engine. He's still planning on going.

I turned to look at my mom, who was still sitting at the island, shaking her head. "He's right Andy." Then she got up and walked back the hall way.

Silence. The whole ride over here. No speaking. No music. It was terrible. It wasn't a forgiving silence, a comfortable silence, or an understanding silence. It was a silence that left you wondering how you got to this moment. This moment where your best friend and you can't even speak to each other. If you've never experienced this, it's pure torture. Pure, agonizing torture.