Chap. 16

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE :D                         

  (Chapter 16)

(Andy's POV)

“I changed my mind.” I tell Xander as he pulls into our normal parking spot.

“About what?” He asks confused by random statement.

“School.”

“Yea I'm still confused.”

“I don't want to be here.”

He laughs, “That's the thing about school my dear Andy, no one wants to be here.” He gestures for me to get out and grabs my bag from the bed of his truck as he walks around to me, “It's a cycle really, the kids don't want to be here so they act out, like you and your outrageous attitude. So anyway teachers get annoyed and are harder on the kids, which makes us want to be here even less.”

“It's all very stupid.”

“That it is.” He agrees. “Shall we?” He gestures to the school entrance that I've been avoiding.

“Nope, I'm too tired and that's too far.”

“Well I don't feel like getting in trouble so come on.” He turns around and kneels down so I can hop on his back.

“PIGGY BACK RIDE!!!” I smile as I hop on. He just laughs and starts walking to the school.

You would expect someone to give us a weird look, even for a second. Or a teacher to lecture us on safety in the hallways, but absolutely nothing. This is normal for us. He grabs my books from my locker, and then his from his and we make our way to our first class. He puts me down in my seat and takes the one next to it.

And about a minute later a paper airplane flys right between us and lands on our desk. Its one of those two people desks, mostly all the classrooms in our school have them. I grab it and open it.

“Mads?” Xander asks as I read it and laugh.

“Yup, she calls next ride.”

We both laugh at that and attempt to pay attention during this class.

So homecoming dance is this weekend. And to say I'm freaked out is an understatement. The understatement. Of the century. I mean, I didn't wanna be on that stupid list in the first place. Let me explain how it works, On Wednesday, everyone will look at the list of junior and senior girls for homecoming. They'll vote for their choice, one from the juniors and one from the seniors. The 5 junior girls will be on the homecoming princess court. And the seniors will be on the homecoming queen court. So to get on the list in the first place, you can sign up for it in homeroom, or you can go to the office to sign up. Xander signed me up. So Wednesday when everyone votes, my name will be an option. Anyway, they announce the court at the dance, which is this Saturday night. Then next Friday, at our homecoming game, they'll announce the princess, the queen, and the runner ups.

Oh, and every girl has an escort for the game, mine of course is Xander.

But I still don't have a date. Not that I'm the kind of girl who needs a date, I could have just as much fun with my friends and floating from group to group then with one guy the whole night. But lately, I've been wondering why I can't get a date. I've been asked out once in the past couple months, and it was by that pizza place guy. But other than him, guys don't seem to show interest. Maybe it's because of how tight knit my entire class is. There's only about 70 of us, so everyone has known everyone for years.