Chap. 3

Dedidicated to @fallzswimmer for being an inspiration, talented author, and such a sweet person. Good luck with the wedding Ali! I wish you the best in everything!

Chapter 3

It took a little while for me to calm down and stop crying. And by a little while, I mean three hours. My mom came in to check on us once,and immediately teared up at the sight of me crying, and I tried to stop crying, for her, but I couldn't. The tears, they wouldn't stop coming. Xander went and talked to my mom. I don't know what he said, but it calmed her down. He's kind of a miracle worker with my mom.

After I stopped crying we just talked for awhile, about anything and everything. Then, while we were playing chess on my laptop, it popped up that I had an incoming skype video chat request from my Uncle Sam. I totally forgot about skyping tonight. Thank god we decided to play chess, if not I would've missed it.

“Uncle Sam!” Xander and I simultaneously shouted when his face appeared on screen.

“Andy! Xander!” He responded. He was dirty, and I could hear muffle talking somewhere behind his web cam, but he was still my Uncle Sam and if I tried hard enough, I could pretend he was here.

“How are you?” Xander asked.

“I'm okay. How's the team?”

“We're doing okay as well.”

“Would you stop being so humble?” I scolded Xander, even though it's a good thing, sometimes it's alright to brag. “They're undefeated.” I informed him.

“Great job! You keeping them in line Andy?”

“I'm practically the head coach.” We all started laughing. That's what I miss most about my uncle, the uncontrollable laughing, and all the time he's spent hanging out with us.

“I'm sure. Look at you guys, practically all grown up. You're juniors already. Xander's captain of the team, and Andy's gonna be our little homecoming princess.”

“No I'm not. I'm not even putting my name on the list.”

“You're not?” Xander asked me, as if that was the craziest thing ever.

“No. I wouldn't even win. It's pointless.”

“That is a load of bull. You could win princess both times this year and queen both times next year. And it's not like you have to worry about picking an escort.”

“I don't know guys.”

“We'll talk about it later. So how are things over there?”

We talked to Uncle Sam for a while, he said things are going well for him, he's stationed in Greenland. After we hung up, I sighed “I miss him”

“I know you do.” Xander told me, he pulled me in for another hug. “Its 1 am.”

“Seriously?”

“Yup.”

“I'm not ready for sleep.”

“You've had a tough day. How bout I pop in a movie?”

“Sounds wonderful.”

“Okay.” He stood up and walked over to my movie collection. “50 First Dates?”

“Again? Well, I guess. I do love that movie.”

“I know. That's why I suggested it.”

“Don't lie to me. You love that movie.”

“Yea well.”

I woke up the next morning to my phone beeping loudly. I reached over and grabbed it, then turned my alarm off. I looked beside to find Xander, slowly waking up. It wasn't unusual for him to fall asleep over here, or for me to fall asleep over there. Our parents were fine with it, they knew we wouldn't like, do anything stupid.