XXX - A dream

Songkarn woke up beside Anurak. Anurak was reading a newspaper, scanning the finance section. Songkarn looked beside him and breathed out trying to relax. Then he cuddled up beside Anurak, who wrapped one of his arms around him and asked. "What's wrong?"

"I just saw a dream. I saw you as a cursed immortal being and I had to kill you... It was all so vivid and real, that I didn't understand it before I woke up and saw you sitting here."

"And what's so different about me in your dream and the real me?"

"Well for starters I had to chase you in the dream, which is ridiculous, in real life you did that. And the second thing, I think in the dream I knew from the very first second that you were someone higher in intelligence and somehow a magical, mystical being. You had this kind of aura to you."

"So when you looked at me right now... do you see that I am less than that guy in the dream? And I'm not intelligent enough for you?"

"Yeah, basically. Who would ever think that you could be a mystical, cursed being who I would fall in love with and chase around the world "

At that Anurak dragged Songkarn, who'd tried to escape, back to bed and tickled him until he was giving up. This wrestling had made them both very hot in an absolutely non-exercise kind of way.

A couple of days later, Songkarn was walking to work and he got this strange feeling that someone was watching him.

As he turned around and tried to see who it was, he saw someone moving away. And though he felt like he wanted to move and follow, he didn't let himself.

As he was turning away and carrying on with his walk. Songkarn felt tears spilling from his eyes and the only thoughts he could distinguish from his suddenly sluggish mind. 'Was it really a dream? This couldn't have been him, couldn't it?'

What the hell was he thinking? He was having a great life with Anurak. Why think that something was wrong, or that there was something more to this? He was happy, wasn't he?

As time went on, every day seemed to be going back to its own colour. Work was interesting, and the routine got him to stop thinking of the weird dream and the back he saw on the street.

What he absolutely didn't allow himself to think about was that he saw something similar every morning. But he would deftly ignore any sign that his world could be rocking in one or another way.

Every day, he and Anurak had a quick breakfast before running to their work. Every day seemed the same. After work, they came home. Mostly Songkarn felt too tired all the time so the most contact he allowed Anurak was cuddling in bed and occasional kisses. At the weekend it was different, but only when Anurak wouldn't do something to irritate Songkarn to the bone. Everything seemed as usual and totally normal. Nothing really out of place.

If so, then why was Songkarn feeling out of place? He remembered every detail of his dream. It didn't fade. The details were in him, behind his eyelids as if he had been through it all for real. And if it were not weird enough, the more time went on, the more details he remembered. About his life with Henry, how they loved, how they smiled and how they had aged. The story was rather like a fairy tale, not just a memory of a distant past.

One time he came home and sat down on the sofa, and started writing some numbers down on a paper. A calculation that needed to be done by the morning. When Anurak came home and saw papers full of calculations and Songkarn writing them, his expression was stricken and his mouth was literally hanging open.

He had asked, "Songkarn what are you doing?"

It had not stopped Songkarn from putting down numbers. "Just something that needs to be done by the morning. The new project that came in, I have to give the team the basic structure of it."