I wish I had my piano

I sat in my bed and listened to my iPod. It was abit weird here, completely silent except for the clouds rumbling above. I will not Bow by Breaking Benjamin came on. I started singing to myself, eventually getting louder as the song went on.

“Now The dark begins to rise, save your breath it's far from over
Leave the lost and dead behind, nows your chance to run for cover
I don't want to change the world, I just want to leave it colder
Light the fuse and burn it up, take the path that leads to nowhere
All is lost again, but I'm not giving in

I Will Not Bow, I Will Not Break
I Will shut the world away
I will not fall, I will not fade
I will take your breath away

Watch the end from dying eyes, now the dark is taking over
Show me where forever dies
Take the fall and run to heaven
All is lost again but I'm not giving in

I will not bow, I will not break
I will shut the world away
I will not fall, I will not fade
I will take your breath away

And I'll survive, paranoid I have lost the will to change

And I am not proud, cold blooded, fake
I will shut the world away

I will not bow, I will not break
I will shut the world away
I will not fall, I will not fade
I will take your breath away

And I'll survive, paranoid
I have lost the will to change and I am not proud, cold blooded, fake
I will shut the world away…”

The song ended. Singing songs began to make me think of the piano in the chorus room at school. I loved to play. But, here, there was hardly a single instrument in sight. Sigh, this was going to be a problem.

The next morning, I woke up, groggy as always. I got dressed and walked outside into the morning sun, stretching. From down the row of cabins, I swear I saw some Aphrodite girls giggling.

“Hmm, it’s warm today.”

“Dakota! Hey!” I felt someone jump on my back, and hug me tight. I knew who it was.

“Now, Haley, you can’t beat me up right after I woke up.”
Haley slid off my back, and I turned around. She was standing there, smiling, and behind her was a skittish looking Alex.

“Oh, I don’t think we’ve officially met. I’m Dakota.” I held out my hand.

She hesitated, but took my hand. “Alex.”

“It’s ok. Any friend of Haley’s is a friend of mine.” I said, smiling at her.

“So, you want to walk to breakfast with us, Dakota?” said Haley, smiling up at me.

I smiled back. “Sure.”

We went to the Hades cabin, were Nico was still sleeping. “C’mon Nico. You better wake up, or I’ll eat your breakfast!” shouted Haley, and she sounded like she meant it.

Nico just simply rolled over.

Then, Alex walked up to Nico, leaned over him, whispered something like, “Nico, wake up. Nico.” And kissed him on the lips. Nico opened his eyes. “Alex,” he breathed.

“Hey,” she said casually. “you comin to breakfast or what?”

After breakfast, we had a bit of a free day. Everyone was busy getting ready, for who knows what.

I soon found myself in the armory, checking out the blade that I had used to kill the Fury.

I shivered and carried my blade to the arena. Me and Percy were going to see if Alex could fight.

Joy, I wonder what will happen today?

As it turns out, Alex wasn’t half bad herself. Me and Percy showed her, and Percy demonstrated how to knock your opponents’ sword from their hand. Alex then dueled with Percy, doing pretty well. A little clumsy though. Maybe she was just nervous.

Well, I guess so, since Percy had experience and I had training.

Haley followed me back to my cabin afterward, and I walked in and collapsed on my bed. Haley lad down beside me.

“You seem tense.” I said.

“I’m not sure about Alex.”

“She seemed like a nice girl.”

“I’m worried about her and Nico. What if…something happens? Like if they end up dying like the prophecy says?”

“Me, Percy and Annabeth are trying to not let that happen.”

“But, then….” I heard a small sob. “What if you die too?” she asked, crying.

I climbed up to her, and awkwardly cradled her. “I won’t let it happen. I promise. No one’s dying on my watch.” I petted her head.

I let her cry into my chest for the longest time.

Then, she said something surprising.

“Can….Can I stay with you tonight? I don’t want to go back and face them. Not yet.”

I blushed, then hit myself for my dirty mind. That’s not what she meant! (1)

“Sure.” I said.

Nico’s POV

It was getting dark outside, just how I liked it. The night was beautiful. But, then again, nothing could compare to Alex.

Alex walked in after her shower, and we laid on my bed.

Then I realized.

Haley wasn’t here.

“Hey, you got any idea where Haley is?” I asked.

“No. I haven’t seen her since she left to go back to Dakota’s cabin.”

“I hope she’s ok.” In other words, if Lightning Boy does anything with my sister, he’s a dead man

A/N- i still dont own Alex!!

And I luv ya Hannah, my bestest buddy, for letting me use ur character!

(1)- Seriously, she just wants to stay with him. Nothing like that!