Lightning bolts and Sparks

Me and Thalia raced through the ruins that used to be the dining hall, helping whoever we found. We even found a few dead corpses of campers, their eyes cold and lifeless as they looked as if they were crushed by stone or drowned. This disturbed me to no end, and I bet it would continue to haunt me until the end of my days.  

We soon heard some screaming coming from the north end of the pavilion, so we began to run, hoping we would find Haley and the others. Then we saw them. They were covered with blood, dirt and were soaking wet. From the rain or sweat, I don't know.  

The Fury looked as healthy as ever.  

I saw Percy using the water from the ground to hit and try to weaken the Fury. Nico looked as if he was trying to make an earthquake, or maybe summon the dead, I wasn't really sure. And Haley was using her sword, continuously slashing at the beast with no luck. "Let's go." Said Thalia.  

We let out a war cry, my sword out and ready to kill some Furies. Thalia stopped short and drew her bow with an arrow quickly. I ran up, jumped, and did an uppercut, enough to scrap the Furies foot.  

When I landed my eyes met Haley's. They were filled with relief and worry at the same time. Then the Fury hit me with it's talons, making me fall over. "Ah!" I had the breath knocked out of me. Haley limped to my side. "Dakota...I'm so glad your alive."  

"Me too. And it's great to see your alright."  

"Dakota, Ive got to tell you-"  

"Dakota!" Thalia and Percy ran toward me.  

"You alright?"  

Then the Fury swooped again, making everyone else run and me roll to the side. I stood up.  

I felt power surge through me, just rushing through my skin. My muscles. My bones.

Almost.....almost like....almost like a lightning bolt.

I ran up, jumped again. Either, the Fury was lower this time, or I jumped higher, because I was above the Fury. I slashed downwards,, putting all my force and energy into that one hit.  

Sparks flew from my sword as soon as I hit the Fury. No, much more than sparks. Lightning bolts.  

Now I knew what that symbol was on my sword. Now I knew who my real father was.  

I, Dakota Truman, am a Son of Zeus.  

The Fury fled, injured badly, flying towards the woods. It would take some time to heal. Nico ran after it. "Nico!" called Haley. "I'm going to see what happening down there Haley. Please, don't follow me. He might kill you this time." And with that, he ducked out.  

I walked up to Haley. I stood over her only by a little bit, but she was almost tall enough to look me in the eye. "Haley..."  

"Dakota...I guess we know how you are now."  

"Yeah....Haley I want to tell you something."  

"Yes, Dakota?"  

"Well, I never really knew you, but for the most part I really-"  

"Hey! You guys comin or not?" It was Rodney, and Annabeth who had thrown a rope into the hole in the roof, and Percy was already have way up.  

'Proably trying to get to Annabeth.' I thought.  

I ran, grabbed the rope, and held out my hand for Haley. I didn't think she could climb real well. I saw her on the rock wall today. I'm sorry, but, she epicly fails at climbing.  

I, on the other hand, have jumped and climbed fences, as well as other things, to escape from muggers and stalkers all the time.  

She grabbed my hand, and I told her to climb on my back. I clabbered up the rope onto the top of the ruined building, and set down Haley. Then, she did the weirdest thing. She hugged me. She buried her face into my chest, and I heard her quietly sobbing. I blushed.  

"Haley...look."  

She lifted her head, and gasped. What she saw was a brilliant(1) sunrise with all different shades of red, pink, and purple.  

I caught her gaze. She stared back at me, and before we knew it, we were leaning into each other....closer...My arms went around her waist, one hand on her head closer....She put her arms around my neck...closer....  

Until our lips made contact. There were sparks. We sat there, comfortable, and honestly, so happy. I had never really felt this before. Is this what love feels like? Is this what mom felt for dad? Is this what Percy felt for Annabeth? Is....Is this what I feel for Haley?

I knew that now, I would be much stronger then I ever expected.

A/N-

(1)- British words are fun!!  

anyway, I hope you liked all the answers and fanservice in this chapter!!

EDIT- I made this chapter a little better, Dragging it out, so to speak.