58| Who Ever Said a Porkchop Couldn't Dance?

Start from the beginning

"You okay?" He asked. Dammit, of course he noticed that I was acting a bit off. I needed to pull it together. And as much as I knew I could tell him anything, I didn't want to tell him about Billie. Not tonight.

I nodded. "I'm perfect," I lied, squeezing his hand tighter. "I guess I'm just a bit flustered because of the fact that I'm going to prom with Noah Locke. How did this even happen?"

"I have no idea. Because I'm going to prom with Logan Pierce and she used to want to kill me," Noah added.

"Correction, I still want to kill you," I joked.

"Ha-ha," Noah said. "I don't care how this happened. I'm just so glad it did."

"Me too," I agreed.

"OOH!" Bianca yelled right as she started to play music. The song MAAD City by Kendrick Lamar blaring through the limo speakers. "This song is my jam, everyone! You best believe I'm about to break it down!"

Noah and I looked at each other and shrugged, listening as Bianca started rapping the entire song. As we danced along to the music as much as possible in the limo, I started to think less and less about my sister. Maybe tonight would be perfectly fine.

✯ ✯ ✯

After dinner, we rode in the limo to where the prom was being held at The Rivermill Event Center. It was only 10 minutes away from the restaurant, so Bianca made sure to play the best pre-game songs possible (Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus and Just Dance by Lady Gaga). Once we arrived at the event center and got out of the limo, we made our way towards the large brick building. It was an absolutely gorgeous venue. There were vines of ivy draping from the brick at the entrance and plenty of trees leading up towards it. The venue was an indoor-outdoor venue, with the dance floor inside. The outside was covered in fairy lights and places to sit down if necessary. It was absolutely stunning.

Noah held onto my hand, not once letting go as we walked into the large venue. The music was blaring from the DJ on the stage and the dance floor was packed with teenagers dancing. As per usual, there was a giant grind-circle in the middle of the dance floor. I shivered just thinking about it. That was undeniably the most terrifying part of dances. I had never ventured anywhere near the dreaded grind-circle.

"Oh, would you look at that. Zane is trying to impregnate a girl on the dance floor tonight," Cayden said and I practically choked on air. Noah and Cayden laughed at my reaction as I turned to see Zane on the dance floor with one of the school cheerleaders. They were grinding like they were in an X-rated film. Ew.

"I cannot believe you danced with him once," Noah scoffed at me and I shot him a death glare.

Cayden and Jeremy both looked at me with widened eyes. "You? You danced with Zane?" Jeremy asked. He struggled like he was holding in laughter.

"One time at a party. And only because I was drunk off of my mind," I said, glaring again at Noah. "You're a dick."

"Yeah, but you love his-"

"Shut up, Cayden," I said, interrupting him before he could finish.

Noah laughed and squeezed my hand. "Come on, Pierce. What do you say we hit the dance floor with the rest of the group?"

"And what makes you think I want to dance with you?" I huffed.

Noah smirked and leaned forward, his lips inches from my ear as he whispered. "The way your pulse is going mad gives me a pretty good idea," he said, running his thumb along my wrist before placing a small kiss on my neck. He pulled away with that stupid smirk plastered on his face. "So come on, Pierce. It's so clear you can't wait to dance with me."