44| Genevieve, The Bitch

    THREE days had passed of Winter break since I had fought with my parents

    THREE days had passed of Winter break since I had fought with my parents. Even still, I had yet to return home. I couldn't. Our fight had been bigger than ever before and it wasn't so easy to just up and go home. They hadn't texted me since then, either. I took that as a sign to stay away. So for the past few days, I'd been staying at Gracie's house. Noah's offer still stood: that I could stay with him. But I said that it would be better if I stayed with Gracie. First of all, to get to see Gracie a bit more. And second of all, so I didn't go crazy every morning seeing Noah shirtless with bedhead and a deep morning voice. I think I might have combusted if I saw that too often. Even though I loved it. And him. Which was still weird for me to think.

Today, on the 4th day of being away from my house, Gracie invited Jeremy and Bianca over for a gossip session. I couldn't remember the last time the 4 of us just sat around with each other and talked about our lives.

Gracie and I brought out 4 glasses of sweet tea and a couple of bags of chips out to her backyard. That was where we chose to commence our gossiping session. We all 4 sat down in a circle on a blanket in the grass. I instantly started drinking my tea. Sweet tea was by far my favorite drink.

"Ugh, this is amazing," Jeremy gushed. "I have literally missed these gossip sessions."

"Same," Bianca said. "Shit's been going down with all of us. I barely knew you and Noah were dating!"

I shrugged. "Been busy," I said. "But I've missed this, too."

"Can we please get an update on you, Gracie? I need to know what's going on with you and Porkchop," Jeremy said.

Gracie blushed. "Well, we've been going on dates," she said. "I don't know, I never knew he liked me like that."

"Seriously? Girl, you are blind," Bianca drawled.

"Either way, I do like being around him. We haven't kissed or anything yet."

"But you want to," I muttered and she punched my arm.

"Whatever," Gracie grumbled. "I might want to. And that's all I have to say about it."

"Moving on, then..." Bianca said. "Logan and Noah, huh? Let's talk about this, 'cause surely it's the biggest plot twist of life."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I know."

"So. How are you guys?" Jeremy asked.

"We're... we're really good," I answered. "Can I tell you guys something?"

"Uh, isn't that what we're supposed to be doing?" Bianca asked.

"Ha-ha," I fake laughed. "For real, though. It's a big deal."

"Shoot," Gracie said.

I sighed. "So I got a 94 on my psych test," I said and they all practically gasped. Yes, it was even a real gasp from all of them. It really was that shocking. "But I was with Noah when I got the grade and I didn't freak out or anything. I felt completely fine, like actually fine. And when he told me he got a perfect score, I wasn't even mad about it. Or jealous. I was just happy for him."