56| You Can Paint my Face Like The Mona Lisa?

EVER since I took Logan on our little adventure to my lakehouse a week ago, her parents had been even more strict than usual

EVER since I took Logan on our little adventure to my lakehouse a week ago, her parents had been even more strict than usual. I had barely seen her besides at school. The only time we'd been able to spend alone together was during our off period going to the cafe to study for finals. I didn't mind, but Logan definitely did. She was practically on house arrest besides going to school. And since her club season had ended, too, she hadn't even been able to escape for practice.

Yeah, her parents definitely wanted to kill her. She called me the night she got home and spilled all the details of her parents screaming at her about ruining her chances to be scouted by the Stanford coach, running off with me, blah blah blah.

But today was the day of prom and thankfully, Logan's parents were still letting her go. It was some miracle in my opinion. But I was glad that our night was still on because I had a lot planned and I couldn't wait. I hadn't exactly had a prom date before considering my one past relationship. Every year for prom or homecoming, I'd gone with Cayden. But this year we both had our own dates, which was a new occurrence.

We were going to prom in a bigger group this year. Me and Logan, Cayden and Jeremy, Bianca and Tanner,  Gracie and Porkchop, Sophie and Jordan, and Savannah and Charlie. Yes, Savannah and Charlie were going to prom together. And it was still weird to me that Logan and Savannah didn't hate each other. But if there was one thing I'd learned this year, it was that enemies didn't have to stay enemies forever.

The boys were coming over to my place to get ready (mostly just to hang out since getting ready wouldn't take us too long) at 2. Prom started at 8, but we were planning on showing up at 9 and going to dinner at 7:30. I had made the dinner reservations at Mabella's Italian restaurant in Columbus. There was a really nice rooftop dining option that I'd made sure to request. Tonight was gonna be amazing and I was sure of it.

It was just past 12 in the afternoon and I was in the kitchen making a small lunch when Amelia finally woke up and trudged down the stairs. She walked into the kitchen and sat up at the counter.

"I'll take one of those," Amelia said, gesturing to the grilled cheese I was making on some sourdough bread.

I raised my eyebrows at her. "Yes, princess. And would you like fresh hot tomato soup with that?"

"That would be fantastic."

"I'm kidding, Melly," I said.

She groaned. "Do not call me that. Not this early in the morning."

"Well, if you hadn't noticed, it's not actually that early, and it's not actually the morning," I pointed out. "It is 12 o'clock in the afternoon and you're just waking up. What? Did you stay out too late partying last night?"

"You know I had my recital last night and it was Sleeping Beauty. And I was the lead," Amelia said.

"That's a mad flex, Amelia."