can you see it?//seven

The song for this part is Stop and Stare by OneRepublic. 

                                                      /////Arielle/////

I sat in the booth of Starbucks across from the cafe where I had met Ed. 

I had met him about a week ago, and in the meantime I had done ample research: It seems that he was quite the guy: He had released an album and was in the process of releasing a new one, entitled 'X'. 

He was also taken by someone named Athina, and judging by the woman's face when she was with him, she was truly in love. 

Now if only that were true of him. 

Of course it had excited me when I found out that Ed was a famous man, but I didn't fangirl like others may have. . . Then again, what would I know? I don't talk to anybody.

As I was about to get my coffee from the barista, a blue blur went into the cafe. And judging by the red hair underneath the hood, it was Ed. He had just hugged a random woman.

It was obvious that she was a prostitute, but that wasn't what surprised me. As Ed pulled back from the hug, he slipped something into the woman's hands and her eyes teared up.

There was no doubt in my mind that he could have just saved a life. 

Why won't you let him save yours? 

"Miss? Your coffee?" I smiled at the barista, shaking my head. 

As I walked out the door with the steaming coffee in my hand, I searched for the woman. She was sitting on the corner, crying. I leaned down so that I was eye level with her.

"Here," I said. "Take it." 

The woman's watery blue eyes looked up at me, full of joy and tears and the entire world.

"You saw him, too?" 

What a simple question, with so many, many answers. 

Did I see him? Yes, yes I did. 

I saw that he was kind.

I saw that he cared.

I saw that he was beautiful.

I saw...I saw that I could love him.