Epilogue

Yes, it was bound to happen at some point. At first, I owe you a confession. I seriously don't know what would be the proper closure of a story that eight years later, to this point is still going on. Could I write about the struggles that were awaiting us after this beautiful summer day? Sure. But honestly, there isn't a story that can be written for an eternity, and this was probably the most beautiful and most reassuring endpoint of all the possibilities.

Yeah I could tell you entertaining stories from later. I could also tell you about how we survived when the burning love calmed down to a devoted one. Or I could tell you about a less uplifting coming out that was much closer to my own, when Adri confessed it to her parents. I could, but I won't, because I feel as a story this is the way to make it a completed one with an ending that's actually fitting to the relationship we are having.

After all I got the girl. Why would I finish it with a coming out scene full of accusations and cries, that made me persona non grata for a whole village even though they are convinced till this day the evil dyke womanizer didn't succeed. When our life is 90% happy, why would I want to ruin such an uplifting moment with telling how Adri still can't be out in her home village and by her parents' demands she has to endure when another villagers call the love of her life "that urban fag" whenever same sex couples come up?

If I go further, I have to go into details with all these, while we have only merrier memories than these. The birth of Sanyi's second child who was born give-or-take nine months after this summer night. Bence's wedding with a much more fitting girl than me, where out of a funny story, Adri was his "best man" not Sanyi. Buying our apartment with Adri, even if it meant I had to say goodbye to my beloved sportbike. Or renovating it together, with minor helps from the boys we know. Or even an average weekend with colleagues or friends. Lots of beautiful memories that worth all the battles life could throw at us. Because if there is one thing that haven't changed since then, is what we mean for each other. Love, best friend, sanctuary, pillar... No matter what the world does to tear this apart.

Maybe this explains why this story took years to write. I wanted to tell so many happy and uplifting things about our life, and I just wasn't able to let the idea go, and pick a point from where you, my dear reader can imagine how it continued. Maybe I managed to write it well. Maybe you could see how a selfish, rebellious little bitch became a more or less grown woman who could put herself in the second place for her loved one. Maybe I managed to show you how a kind and caring girl from a small village full of inhibitions and homophobia became the most perfect partner a girl can just dream of. How devotion and love can overcome or at least make insignificant even the greatest obstacles in life. Of course there are things I didn't write about. I mentioned a few of them, and there are others I never intended to write about.

Maybe I managed to show everyone that a lesbian is just like anybody else you could meet in your life. Isn't better, isn't worse. Isn't less pretty, isn't more pretty. Isn't smarter, isn't dumber. We make mistakes too, and regret them. We cause pain too, sometimes even without trying, and we got hurt - a lot - by others.

You ask if I know what's life holding for us? I don't. But if you ask whether we'll get our happy ending? My answer is, we are living it every single day. And honestly, I don't know how else could I finish this story, my dear reader, than telling this: regardless genders I wish you to find your Adri in the life.