Chapter Thirteen

After the break-up, I didn't go anywhere near work for a whole week. I had always believed I was stronger than Adri, yet, when my first serious break-up came, I was knocked out by it much worse, than she was after being cheated on and dumped days before her wedding. However it was my decision, I suffered more than if I would had if Bence broke up with me. I was hurt awfully by the separation, I was hurt awfully by the knowledge I caused pain to him, and I was hurt awfully by the thought I may have made a mistake. Have I had a savegame from before the breakup, I would've loaded it, but unfortunately, reality doesn't work that way. Sure, I could've told him, I realized I made a mistake and want to get back together, but to do that, I should've been absolutely, hundred percent sure, which I wasn't. I was full of doubts, and that way, I would've only played with his feelings, which I have sworn long ago, would never do again. Especially not with somebody, who was still important to me, however not the way as I felt he should be.

Adri tired to be as supportive as possible, but she had a hard time covering up her opinion that I made a huge mistake with the breakup. After watching through three serious relationships of hers, that weren't even close to being as good, as what meant the low-point for Bence and me, I completely understood her standpoint. I had no illusions, if she got together with him, their relationship would've been permanent. For good, I mean. They would've complemented each other, just as Adri and I complemented each other in our friendship. Some part of me probably even would've been happy to see how the two of them work together, as that would've shown me, how Adri and I would've worked together.

At the time she wasn't exactly single, as she had been dating some guy for a month or so, but it wasn't serious enough even to figure some pseudonym out for the guy. It had a little acquiescence feeling on Adri's part, which was proved even more, when she laid him off without a second thought, so she could be there for me as emotional support. We both became singles within three days, but only my break up caused any emotional disturbance to either of us.

It took me a whole week to shower again, another week to smile occasionally. The only thing I still wasn't, was being sure about my decision. Despite it, it was the time to finally tell about the breakup to my parents, and needless to say, it didn't have a happy reaction. My father was simply felt sorry for us, my mother, on the other hand, was raging. Not even because of losing a son-in-law, more like because she really didn't like my answer to her question whether I would finally go for guys from that time on.

Somewhere in the third week, I started to look for new digs, and I found one in cycling distance from the base. It was cheap and small, but also clean, plus it was in a good neighborhood, and I didn't really need more. Through Adri, I scheduled a day when Bence wasn't home, so I could take my things from him without meeting. My stuff waited for me thoroughly boxed in his garage, so I didn't even have to go in his house. I trusted his honor enough to not make sure, he didn't steal anything. Even if he would've wanted some memento of our happy times, it was the least from me to let him keep it.

For the first time since our breakup, we met more than a month later at work. It was completely accidental, we ran into each other in some place neither of us goes often, but it was bound to happen sometime anyway. We talked a few words, but both felt awkward. Neither of us got themselves together yet, and we were nowhere near mature enough to know how to behave after a "good" breakup. Having decent conversations has never been the strong suit for either of us, so all we could manage to do was some small-talk, but mostly the meet just tore up some still not properly healed wounds.

It was at about two months since the breakup when I started to feel, I should get back on that proverbial horse. I wasn't necessarily looking for a new relationship, surprisingly, even less sex - I could've had Timi for that reason, but the breakup got my libido to a historical low point - I just wanted to feel good. I dragged Adri with me to a few places where both of us had the chance to get together with someone, but nothing really happened. We had good times, even Adri felt good despite she has never been the partying type, but we didn't get further than that. It quickly became clear that both of us passed the time when we were able to hook up in dancing-partying place.